GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:09:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Frigate  (Read 28779 times)

sirtom93

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sirtom93 is looked down upon.
Frigate
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:32:59 pm »

always one of my faviroute levels.i hope this gets pulled of nicely.dont forget that boat,make it drivable.that would be cool.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:40:24 pm by JcFerggy »

sirtom93

• Agent
  • sirtom93 is looked down upon.
Re: frigate
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 01:04:01 pm »

your probably right.i thought we were going to make all the levels multiplayer though.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:30:23 pm »

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »

somebody already made a frigate map, it wasn't that great, and it isn't for the current build. I encourage you to make one, but please do some history.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:09:39 pm »

Frigate would be insane. Imagine, if it was in LTK, bodies would be flying everywhere, and they would fly over the railings and into the water, and there would be a dozen or so bodies floating around in the water... lol
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 01:08:14 am »

I think the level would be a lot of fun as a multiplayer map. You've got open spaces on the decks and in the basement, you've got narrow corridors in the center, and there are multiple paths you can take to move around. It is a little small and simple, but I think it could potentially be a lot of fun (especially if you could dive off the railings, into the water, and then climb back on board).

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:58:47 am »

The Frigate level Luchador made, isn't that bad, I think its a little too small, maybe make its like a large class ship, but keep overall design though.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 01:24:08 pm »

Yeah but this map isn't that great... I mean... The ship is too square.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 01:30:26 pm »

The ge_lafayette map you're talking about plays very well, exept of some seriouse framerate issues in the bug and heck area becourse it's not really optimized (still WIP).
But it wouldn't hurt to have a dock or something to make it a little bigger.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 09:22:14 pm »

interesting...out of all the times i have played..I don't think I have ever come across Luchador's frigate map. I tried joining a server with frigate but i got some sort of error...maybe someone can host it again and we can all join. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 05:08:19 pm »

some sort of error?
I think you got the "missing map", maybe the host forgot to make it downloadable, or you disabled download content. if you are going to retry the download, you can download it from one of the WN server, coz i know they have working download.
There's also a Link to Luchadors mappack but it seems the files were removed.

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:32 pm »

I loved Frigate as a single player map on N64 but I don't think it would be great as a multiplayer map on any system or PC. I think Frigate should just stay away from the multiplayer aspects since we have great maps like facilitiy and complex to rove around on.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 06:54:06 pm »

I loved Frigate as a single player map on N64 but I don't think it would be great as a multiplayer map on any system or PC. I think Frigate should just stay away from the multiplayer aspects since we have great maps like facilitiy and complex to rove around on.
Quite frankly, I already enjoy the current frigate (aka lafayette) level which is classic in its layout. With a couple adjustments, it could become a very good close combat MP map.

Ratdart

• Agent
  • Ratdart has no influence.
    • Texas Militia
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 06:55:04 pm »

Quite frankly, I already enjoy the current frigate (aka lafayette) level which is classic in its layout. With a couple adjustments, it could become a very good close combat MP map.

Well that is reassuring that this good single player map can be a fun multiplayer map too. Amazing what creative people can do.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:04 pm »

I think Frigate is just fine in multiplayer. Though it would be better if it was opened up more. Perhaps remove most of the doors and make it a little bigger.

Well that is reassuring that this good single player map can be a fun multiplayer map too. Amazing what creative people can do.

Yeah. Look at Runway. =)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up