GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:10:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 48941 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2009, 12:44:32 pm »

Except there were no exploding flower pots in GE64 and just a few crates in some maps like archives.
Most multiplayer maps were without props anyway.
Every exploding prop would be a physic prop which would hurt the performance of the maps badly and it could cause many chain reactions. There's also a limit of physic props in a map.
And last but not least, i see no reason for a crate, a chair or a table to explode.
The mappers will add exploding props wherever they think it will help the gameplay.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2009, 02:51:59 pm »

Except there were no exploding flower pots in GE64 and just a few crates in some maps like archives.

I said this merely to explain my opinion; I know there weren't any flower pots in GE007 nor any props in MP maps, to keep the framerates high. But, as someone said, to be faithful to the original, every prop should be explosive, or at least most of them, like on the original's SP campaign. And no big explosions, something small; we don't want a chair exploding like a dynamite stick...

eliteghost

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eliteghost has no influence.
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2009, 12:53:04 am »

I feel this is the worst possible place to put this in but I figure someone could take my idea and run with it. Anyways, I got 3 ideas for achievements but I doubt I would be able to make the little icon so, without further ado, my thoughts.

Klobberin' Time: X number of kills with the klobb
D5k Douche: X number of kills with the D5k
From the Cradle to the grave: knock an enemy off of Cradle to their death

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2009, 05:38:13 am »

Achievement ideas:
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2246.0.html

Heh, from the early days to present day, I still read the D5K Deutsche as "D5K douche" in my head.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

eliteghost

• Agent
  • eliteghost has no influence.
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

crap someone already did klobbering time, how sad of me not to notice.

Silverdark

« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2009, 05:34:22 am »

Since Beta 3 is almost out (and with GREAT anticipation to play one of the greatest games ever), I'd like to suggest something for the next version: single-player playability. The single-player was great fun, and I'd like to see it revamped with new stuff.

Also... anything to add from Perfect Dark? I'd like to think that was the second Goldeneye (for Goldeneye's weapons were in the game as unlockables), and maybe implement a secondary fire option (sort of PP7 shoot and gun smack and slappers hit and steal weapon). There's also maybe the option of making your own characters, but that would require everyone's files to be updated, making everything complicated.

I am excited to relive the glory this Saturday, both when I accumulate enough funds to buy a source-engine game (lol, $5) and when the new beta is released. I cannot thank enough whoever made this unknown dream possible.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2009, 02:49:34 pm »

This thread should probably be closed or renamed, since BETA 3 is coming out this Saturday. I believe some of the suggestions posted in here haven't made their way into BETA 3, but I do hope they can make it into BETA 4!

I use this opportunity to make another humble suggestion, that would probably fit the final release more than the Beta's: the intro video could be made in a way to resemble that of GE007, with the main characters and their names appearing on screen. I think it would be a neat touch and isn't that hard to make. Nevertheless, I state again, this is not necessary; it is just a little feature that brings a more faithful recreation, if you prefer. And I say again that it probably should only be implemented on the final release, before anyone starts flaming me.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »

The intro video would be neat, but I'm sure most people just put -novid in their launch settings. After a few times playing it just gets annoying to sit through.

What I'd really like to see is a main menu that resembles GE64's folder theme.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:48 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up