GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:06:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Half an hour of GoldenEye XBLA footage released.  (Read 8284 times)

detectDefective

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • detectDefective barely matters.detectDefective barely matters.
Half an hour of GoldenEye XBLA footage released.
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:06:19 pm »

I honestly thought we'd never see any more material on the GoldenEye XBLA remake.

And then some lucky bastard recorded 30 minutes of it.

Highlights include:
-Flipping back and forth between the remake's graphics and the original's.
-A full cycle of the arsenal, showing weapons not included in Perfect Dark XBLA.
-More single-player levels as multiplayer maps, including Dam and Frigate.
-A multiplayer option to disable unequal character heights.

I still can't believe there's an actual clean video of this. Holy shit.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Half an hour of GoldenEye XBLA footage released.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:45 pm »

Holy crap... This is F'ing priceless, thanks for the post  :) :) :) :) :) :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:01:32 pm »

Wow, really interesting stuff, I love what they did with siberia
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:46:09 pm »

wow! This is very clean!

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 05:16:57 am »

soooo goood

why did they have to cancel this :'(

still im greatful for Goldeneye source to be there for us :)

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 06:15:20 am »

A really fascinating watch. I wonder why this comes out now. Anything to do with our own release? I love what they did with Surface. I have no idea what they were thinking with Complex.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:48:51 am »

A really fascinating watch. I wonder why this comes out now. Anything to do with our own release? I love what they did with Surface. I have no idea what they were thinking with Complex.

You think there could be something in the pipeline due to GE:S? I wish, as long as it didn't harm the mod.

I don't fully understand the situation on this anyway, why the hell does Nintendo have any say in the release of this remaster, just because it came out on their console? The license is owned by MGM, Rare were the creators so they own the rights to the games design and all materials, sound & music etc, Activision shouldn't have any say at all on the matter, and Microsoft... Well they employ Rare now, but does that give them any rights? As far as I can see, any agreement should be between MGM and Rare, and Nintendo and Microsoft are just a couple of bully boys trying to get their foot in the door.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 11:19:17 am »

You think there could be something in the pipeline due to GE:S? I wish, as long as it didn't harm the mod.

I don't fully understand the situation on this anyway, why the hell does Nintendo have any say in the release of this remaster, just because it came out on their console? The license is owned by MGM, Rare were the creators so they own the rights to the games design and all materials, sound & music etc, Activision shouldn't have any say at all on the matter, and Microsoft... Well they employ Rare now, but does that give them any rights? As far as I can see, any agreement should be between MGM and Rare, and Nintendo and Microsoft are just a couple of bully boys trying to get their foot in the door.

according to from what was written from the magazine XboxWorld360 the only reason it got cancelled was
Nintendo Japan got annoyed threatened Activison who had the bond license that they would cease any bussiness or deals
and so they put the kibosh on the whole deal
the funny thing is Nintendo america and Microsoft were initally alright in the beginning with it (as both virtual console and xbla were going to have it) hence the development went quite far
but well yeah

but agian thats just one story so i dont know if thats fully accurate or not
possibily the whole thing came down to money and all the issues and such :( darn shame

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

Really glad that some more content was seen after all this time!

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:48:15 am »

I think there still chance to see a GoldenEye remake on XBLA or NX version to be honest, that Half hour Footage is pretty amazingly looking good, its just suck it wont happening as now. Also that Game has a crazy hard license for MS to get. Spencer did try i believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up