GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:42:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Uplink (Outdated)  (Read 8295 times)

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
[Gameplay] Uplink (Outdated)
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

This gameplay is now outdated and will not work with the current version of GoldenEye: Source. Please use the new version.

---------------------------------

Download Gameplay & Server Plugin

Download from WNx Server
Mirror #1 (MediaFire)

Download Gameplay-Only

Download from WNx Server
Mirror #1 (MediaFire)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Objectives
At the start of each round, a number of Control Points will be spawned around the map randomly. Control Points are marked by a flag. With the server plugin installed, Control Points will also have a ring of light representing the perimeter of the Control Point, a glow based on the team ownership visible at long distances, and a flag that changes color based on team ownership.

When a player touches a flag, they begin the "uplink" and a bar pops up showing the capture progress. When the bar fills up, the Control Point changes ownership and begins generating points for that team. When a Control Point is captured, a sound is played to all players (different for the capturing team then the enemy team) and the color of the Control Point changes to the capturing team's color. If two players from different teams are on the Control Point at once, neither team can capture it and the Control Point is 'contested'. The winning team is the one that generated the most points from having owning Controlled Points.

Scoring
Team Scoring:
1 point for Control Point Capture
1 point for every few seconds per Control Point

Individual Scoring
2 points for capture Neutral Control Point
3 points for capture Enemy Control Point
1 point Regular Kill
2 points Control Point Kill (either victim or killer on Control Point)

Screenshots

Note: This is what it looks like without the server plugin. The gameplay is completely playable without the plugin and still a lot of fun! I suggest going into the .py file and increasing the value of self.upCPRadius to 180, though.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] Uplink
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:43:07 pm »

Might I just add that this gamemode looks absolutely delicious?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »

Man, You are a genius. Totally love your work, Please, Keep it coming!
Can't wait to play this!

terps4life90

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »

Just excellent Euphonic :)! I can't wait to play it, you always find ways to outdo yourself.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »

This is really cool.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »

Both of your gamemodes may make it into v4.2... also sans plugin ;-)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:50 pm »

Wow, legitimately impressive man.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:52:20 am »

Domination from UT?  It's about time something brought it back.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 08:58:30 am »

... or King of the Hill from PD.

Good Job Eupho.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 09:52:28 am »

Besides the fact that the rooms do not change colors.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:31:43 am »

I found a bug with Uplink but KM informed me it was a bug with 4.1.  Euphonic, you might want to take note of this.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

I found a bug with Uplink but KM informed me it was a bug with 4.1.  Euphonic, you might want to take note of this.

That has been around for quite some time and I believe you just got your answer: wait for 4.2 :P

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »

No one had noted it in this thread. ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up