GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 10:47:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Minor Bot Issues  (Read 7231 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Some Minor Bot Issues
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:18 am »

OK, same weird occurrence, but in a different area this time:-

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:47:51 pm »

Haha, that's so GE64. We should keep that ;)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »

Ahhh... It was intentional, well done KM. Wink.. Wink.. I must admit though, GE64 certainly did have it's floors, but we loved it anyway, just like GE:Source.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »

Errr, this bots been up there a while... Maybe he forgot how to crouch. :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:02:00 pm »

I now know whats causing the Bots to sink into the floor... Well, I know whats causing it on player side that is. It occurs when you shoot them, twice on Runway tonight it happened when a Bot was above ground on snow, as soon as I shot them they just sunk into the snow. Check the image I took in Caves, it happened in here as well. Hope this narrows it down a bit for you KM.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 08:45:14 pm »

The bots sink in the snow banks as well.  I've already brought this up to KM.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »

This might have something to do with the push back that our weapons impart... the AI system is not really used to being pushed around (literally) and rely heavily on animations to do everything.

Another thing that might be an issue, the AI do not obey player clips for various reasons, so if these displacement humps were heavily player clipped to make them smooth to walk over, that might affect the NPC's.

On the topic of getting stuck in doors (ie Bot Elevator):

I added a minimum standoff distance of bots from doors blocking their way. The policy of the AI system is to move as close as possible (within .001 units) to any obstruction, doors included. With lag and other issues at play, this resulted in doors catching the bots and moving them. in v4.2.1, I set the standoff distance to 8 units, which should afford plenty of clearance.

Let me know if the bots continue to get stuck in doors as this is a very intermittent issue.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:20:59 pm by killermonkey »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »

Have just been playing Cradle, I think the player & Bot spawn points on the lookouts need to be 1 floor down as the Bots are unable to get down and just stand near the ladder. Anyway, I think it would be better for players as well, those ladders can be a little awkward sometimes, would be better to just spawn and head straight along the walkway rather than go through the tedious task of going down the ladder. What do you think?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:59:19 pm »

We can disable spawns for bots as well. But I agree they are very awkward spawns for everyone.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 11:04:25 am »

I do hope I'm not bugging you with this Subject KM. I'd just like to verify that these are not complaints and my intention from the start with this Subject has been to help narrow down issues with Bots and make your job a little easier, obviously your too busy to spend hours on end playing around with the Bots but I have some time to spend testing them out, and I'm more than happy to do so as they're great fun to play against. ;)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:18 am »

I might open up our development bug tracker with a dedicated section for ai issues that way it is easy for me to maintain focus on the problems witnessed. It also let's you upload images and such.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:29 am »

I was actually thinking when I wrote that last post that maybe there should be a specific place for AI bugs, I have noticed others creating new posts to do with the same subject.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up