GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 07:53:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug] Nonsense  (Read 6925 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Bug] Nonsense
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:16 am »

I keep getting this and I'm pretty annoyed:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Before this, I would stay logged in forever, visit the board and it would show me not as logged in.  I would visit a thread and my status would change to logged in.  This leads me to believe there's something wrong with the cookies.

Found this - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=254093.0

- It took me 5 or more times just to get this thread posted without that error.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

liamcadhain

Re: [Bug] Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

I got that same error message twice while trying to post to threads. On both occasions though I accidentally mistyped my password and logged in on the second attempt so I just assumed it was an authentication issue.

On both occasions logging out, clearing the browser history and logging back in again properly seemed to do the trick for me
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:58:29 am by liamcadhain »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:13:35 am »

the same happened to me. tried it several times and then it worked again. but really annoying. it´s clear to see that  it´s release time - the technique breaks down everywhere ;-)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:21:29 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:15 am »

I thought I was the only one. I had to clear my whole cache and cookies to get it to work again, And even then, I still had the issue. Logging out didn't work for me, I had to delete my cookies to log out. I sometimes needed to go on IE to post stuff, But then again, The bug would happen on IE after one post.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

had the same issue again, couldn´t write anything without this damn error message. like namajnaG I changed to IE and it works. but I don´t know for how long. release time is really cursed. some evil demons try to strike terror into people´s hearts
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

I cannot tell you how many times I've had this error.  To fix it for me, I have to logout and I get a session error, and then clear my cookies.  Then if I want to make another post, I have to do the same thing.  How stupid.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »

What browser are you girls using?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 01:35:08 am »

Chrome by default, Tried on Firefox and IE. Firefox didn't ever work at all. I had to clear my cookies and cache again to post this.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:57:43 am »

I have the same issue.  I couldn't even use 'Logout'
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:51 am »

testing

EDIT: Usually I get the error also.  Tested on Firefox 13.0.1 and Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m.  Firefox is my obvious weapon of choice, as Chrome blows Dalmation cock.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:34:56 am by Proxie »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 05:31:20 am »

Is someone looking into this issue?  I'm getting sick of having to clear my cookies everyday.

namajnaG

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:11 am »

For the last two days, It's gone for me.

liamcadhain

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »

For the last two days, It's gone for me.

Same here but then it just cropped up again on me as I was posting a reply on another thread a few minutes ago

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »

Happening here all the time :(

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 06:11:17 am »

When will this nonsense stop?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up