GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:51:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 1/26/09  (Read 38306 times)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
GES Update 1/26/09
« on: January 27, 2009, 05:09:50 am »

GAMEPLAY TRAILER!

Other Sources:
XviD Download mirror
HD Download mirror
High Quality
HD(recommended)

Tomorrow if you are curious check back here for more download options!

" class="bbc_imgHeads-Up-Display Elements" width="16" height="16" class="bbc_img

With that out of the way, Hello Again! Time for another update. This time focusing on our Heads-Up-Display. Most if not all of the HUD and GUI elements have drastically changed and improved since our early days. Here today we are going to show you what the lovely programmers and the graphics departments have been up to as of late!

Team Menu
This is the first screen you come to when you've entered a GE:S server. All laid out are the conditions of the game. In the first example there is no team play in place and the game-mode as you can see is Man With the Golden Gun.

In this second example shown above the Team Menu does have team play enabled and as you see it is showing you in a simple manner which to choose from. The buttons on the left are your two pushable options. If you want to get straight in the action choose JOIN, if you want to wait for a round to end or just watch for a while you head for the spectator button, additionally you notice it tells you how many spectators there are currently. From this screenshot, it is also easy to see which conditions are enabled by the server and distinguished by GREEN\RED or ON\OFF. They can function in many different combinations that greatly change the way the game plays, server diversity is something we are greatly encouraging!

Character Selection Menu
In this example of the MI6 character selection screen shown below, you can see we are on the Bond character in the scroll. Bond has multiple "skins" or outfits, if you will. Three to be exact, so far, which will give a greater range to the server diversity. The scroll arrows work very smoothly, and you can choose to hover it for slow scrolling or clicking, which causes it to shift to the next cue of three character images at a time.

In the second example shown above, we have the Janus character select and Baron Samedi is the highlighted feature. It is our eventual plan to have multiple skins\outfits for most characters, as like the Bond character. One thing we must note, on non-team play conditions ALL of the characters pile together into one selection menu. Also in BETA 3, you cannot stray with team play enabled, from the restrictions in place for character selection. So if you want to select Bond for instance during a team play environment, you must select "MI6" to be that character, you cannot be on Janus and play as Bond or any other M16 character or vise versa.

Many of our general HUD art, which you see during normal game-play has been fully reworked as well including the improvements to the:
  • Blood Screen - Which is our animation overlay that shows when you die.  We've always talked about improving the way we handle this feature of the original, and this is step one, ready for BETA 3.
  • Weapon and Ammo indicators - These are quality and practical, each time you pick up a weapon you don't have in your inventory, one of these pops up to the right of your screen. It's now easy to track if you have a weapon this way when you run over ammo/weapon spawns.
  • Weapon Selection Menu - You may remember our previous intrusive selection menu. This new menu blends with our HUD scheme much better.
New Additions such as:
  • Radar - We now have the radar implemented and fully functional, located at the bottom center of the screen. More details below.
  • Man with the Golden Gun icon - On the radar in this game-mode will show you the player who holds the Golden Gun currently, or where it has dropped. There is also a text display on your lower left HUD that tells the global server when someone drops the Golden Gun
  • Round Timer - Since BETA 3 is favoring round-based game play, that is having multiple rounds start and finish per map, the round timer can play a very crucial part. It is a constant reminder of how long you have to claw your way back, or pull ahead of the pack. From 30 seconds until zero it flashes two color variations, the RED alert flashing begins at 10.
  • Scoreboard - This fits in with the health/armor bars and holds basic condition info on it as well as the scores themselves. See how the round timer below the scoreboard is different from the "map time" which is held on the scoreboard, this is showing the round-based element. Make note to the the newly made 'X' death icons that show who is dead, which is very handy in the You Only Live Twice game mode.
Shown below are Round Timer and Radar Indicator

Weapon Selection Menu, Weapon and Ammo indicators, and the Blood Screen

Note: These screenshots are photoshopped, and do not indicated any sort of split screen multiplayer.

Radar Further Explained:
Basically, the WHITE dots are your teammates [if enabled], and the GREEN dots are enemies. The way the teammates in this screen above are shown, are to alert you when people are above/below you in a vertical sense. So likely in this map, Control, the teammates were on the 2nd or 3rd tier of the main control room.

An addition we've added is our 'Anti-Camping' feature. When players remain still for a short period of time, the color will turn from GREEN to ORANGE then to RED on the fly, on the radar.  No more easy camping in GoldenEye: Source, while radar is enabled.

After Action Report [death-match/team]

The Awards
The awards are back and look amazing, with their own icon and formatted to fit the report screen, shown above. The maximum amount of awards given per round is six. Awards are only given to the MOST DESERVING players, this is calculated based on a sophisticated stat tracking and ratio system we've implemented into GoldenEye: Source

Achievements
The implementation of these shown above, have been such a great addition to replay and fun value of GolenEye: Source. You can quickly and easily check your progress on specific achievements from the main menu. Each time you gain a new achievement during game play, an indicator will appear showing what achievement you've unlocked and the progress stage you are at for completing the achievement all together, depending on the achievement. The community who helped develop some of the icons; those individuals will be given official credit when BETA 3 ships. Big Thank you to all of you!

One last thing.......

GoldenEye: Source BETA 3, coming FEBRUARY 7th, 2009!

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:01:24 am by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 1/26/09
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:36:17 am »

Should re-name the trailer "MaJoR gets his ass handed to him!!".

But no, its a awesome trailer, gj!

All together best media release yet!, well till February(Hates the English language).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:43:19 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 08:41:09 am »

It's Febuary, he looked it up.

Yeah, one of my minor concerns was how many times May Day dies in the video.  Lots of May Day, very little Bond, only a couple Jaws in there.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:24 am »

one of my minor concerns was how many times May Day dies in the video.

Just how we like it.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:10 am »

I have just watched the gameplay trailer and I must say I'm amazed.

First of all, I really liked the new weapons, specially the Cougar Magnum upgrade (it really deserved one); the other weapons weren't so much of a surprise, because I knew both the AR-33 and the RCP90 were such monster.
Another thing that really blew my mind was seeing someone being Klobbered. I feel sorry for the poor guy ;).

The rest of the work is astonishing, in what comes to the achievements and hit detection, with more emphasis on the last one. The weapons sounds are really well made, specially the Phantom's one, a weapon never before seen in multiplayer.

I can see that if you finish (read final release, i.e. out of beta) this before December 31st, we're in for the mod of the year.

I can't wait for Febuary to get my hands on Beta 3.

PS: keep up the good work! ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 02:48:24 pm by PPK »

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:29:35 am »

It's amazing to see how far it's come along.

This looks incredible and I can't wait to pwn people upside the head.

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 10:36:39 am »

I get more excited every time I watch it!

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 10:44:46 am »

It's amazing to see how far it's come along.

It's amazing and been awesome to have seen the talent grow and grow. I've seen pretty much every developer since the mod has started, and alot of these guys have turned out to be quite amazing.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 11:34:12 am »

It's amazing!
No lags... GAMEPLAY: OK
VC pwnage: OK (lol)
MaJoR pwned: OK (lol again)
Results "After Action Report": OK
Skin Selection: OK
Weapons: OK...

...All is OK :D
Good job guys. We can't ask more ;)

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:20:12 pm »

It's amazing and been awesome to have seen the talent grow and grow. I've seen pretty much every developer since the mod has started, and alot of these guys have turned out to be quite amazing.

Very true. It's what inspired me to be doing what I'm doing now.

A lot of really talented and dedicated people have put a lot of hours into this, and I think it shows. It looks really good for a mod, and I think the beta 3 was a great refocus in development. The release looks really solid and it looks like everyone has learned a lot from the previous builds. Everything has just been pushed up another notch for this release and I hope you guys can push on from there and really tie it together to have a finished product. It would be no small feat either, a lot of teams don't even make it this far, let alone to the finished article.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:29:36 pm »

... Holly shit! Can't... wait...
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »

< 33 days...

< 792 hours...

Liking the look and sounds of the new weapons. :)
*excitement*
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 02:31:51 pm »

I've been waiting for this update since saturday night. But hey, good things come to those who wait. I applaud all of your hard work and dedication to this release as well as the mod. So where are you going from here? Adding more weapons? Tweaking the GE:S3.0 weapons?

I've very interested to know.

Amazing gameplay footage and weapon demonstrations. I am really looking forward to getting this when it comes out. Good job, team.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 05:23:56 pm »

We've got plenty to do still. We have Rockets and Grenade Launchers and Moonraker and probably Tazer and rolling explosions and Live and Let Die and more characters and maps just looking at the Beta 4 checklist.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:09:03 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up