GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 02:50:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3  (Read 21252 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
Re: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »

lol memorial seems to be staute. and WTF is happend to facility ? And Jungle have bunkers. Man mhm lets.....but every goldeney fan believe that this wont be good
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »

This image sums it up pretty much right then and there.

The N64 had better graphics then that!

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:29 pm »

The N64 had better graphics then that!

Do you think so? It looks like the graphics look better on the wii system, or maybe im not seeing it closer.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 12:17:56 am »

To be honest. If you emulate ge007 on computer it looks better then most modern pc games.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 12:47:23 am »

To be honest. If you emulate ge007 on computer it looks better then most modern pc games.

I've got to disagree - it has a low polygon count and low resolution textures and the shader model 1.0 (pixel and vertex shaders) interface for PC exists since DirectX 8, which was in 2000 (GoldenEye being released 1997), so you really can't compare that in terms of graphics with the graphics of Crysis or even the Half Life 2 series.
Even custom texture packs don't improve it that much.
Yet it is because of the gameplay that it will always remain a classic.
Nonetheless I've got to agree with KM about the Wii version being disappointing in terms of graphics, although they seem to have more lighting and models with a slightly higher poly count.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 12:52:20 am »

1up to you. Yes hes right, it looks way better if you emulate GE007 on your pc.

If you turn up antialiasing, and anostropic however you spell that, it looks really good. 50 times better than n64.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 04:27:36 am »

The only thing they got on us is that the character you are playing is represented in your view..  different arms.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 06:23:10 am »

true, but that will come in time...hopefully. I know I want to see spiders girlfriends hand in. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 06:51:50 am »

IMO the graphic is the one thing which isn't to bad at all considdering it's running on Wii.
The more vital reasons why this game is not a true Goldeneye Remake were allready discussed several times.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 07:31:59 am »

Every time I see or hear something about the "new" GE I think it can't get worse... and then it does.

Depressed 800th post.
woot?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 09:12:32 am »

I dont know how hard people laughed when they`ve read "back to the roots" in the trailer... seriously check this out: Crappy sounds, crappy music, crappy levels which you don`t even recognise...
To me this looks like a cheap copy of Far Cry, so they`ve copied Far Cry so bad, they needed a story, that`s why they said: Oh hey lets make it a bond game, the filmmakers are broken anyway so we might even get a special offer with the rights... which was the most beloved Bond game ? Goldeneye, ok lets mess that up real good...
Plus what made GoldenEye so fucking great ? ERIC SERRA DID, that`s not even a point to argue, his soundtrack might have been a bit dark and slow for some guys but that frenchie understood the film and its philosophy and gave the right touch too it and I bet in this game you`ll have some mediocre bond-bullshit remix right out of the conserve...

I could kill these guys with dual AK47 !!!
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:48 pm »

+1

I dont know how hard people laughed when they`ve read "back to the roots" in the trailer...
My soul just shook its head.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:51 pm »

I dont know how hard people laughed when they`ve read "back to the roots" in the trailer...

I didn't laugh. I almost choked on my tongue. That trailer was clearly made for hyper active 10 year olds who have no "roots" because seriously I almost seized watching it! Its flashing all over, showing 1-2 microsecond clips of gameplay, shitty graphics, and not to mention the 8 playable characters ZOMG!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:07 pm »

a few more screenshots and I´ll have to go to the toilet, sorry...

no, but seriously..what is THIS?

turok? call of modern mobile phone 2?

and you can see much more footage of multiplayer and interview right here http://www.tvcert.com/watch/116441/ if you want to torture yourself

UPDATE: and a loooong video containing the first mission, you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yhlHOzp78&feature=related ( starting 1.33 )
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:57:40 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »

The multiplayer models look like all of them have to go to the toilet very urgently...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up