GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 11:30:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application for position of texture artist  (Read 7726 times)

Funkdude

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Funkdude has no influence.
Application for position of texture artist
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:48 pm »

Hi! I've always been a huge fan of the N64 goldeneye game and when i saw i might be able to join the team i decided to apply right away,

Ill make it short :)
My name is Käy Vriend (24, Netherlands), i live in Holland, next september ill be going back to school (game design) after serving 3 years in the army, my greatest hobby is making textures for indie-games and some mods, I've been texturing for almost a year now (i have the professional edition of Genetica 2.5) and all my textures come with a series of effect maps (normalmaps, specular maps, regular bumpmaps, even self-illumination is possible) ill let my images do the rest of the talking, (I've included a screenshot from another project i'm involved in)

and the last one,

(Terrain and scenery textures are my strongest qualities, i'm not yet into skinning, but if you request a texture i can always make it and then you guys can see if it fits the theme :) )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:17:21 pm by Funkdude »

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • dlt has no influence.
Re: Application for position of texture artist
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:43 am »

You have a very fun and interesting style and I would be happy for you to have a trial with us. If someone could bump him to trial member for me. when someone has bumped your membership up you will be able to see a new forum, I will set a task for you to complete and if myself and the rest of the team are happy with your work we will bring you onboard.

The hunt is on!

Funkdude

• Agent
  • Funkdude has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:50:29 am »

It would be an honor :)

My point in all the images was idd like to put many effects in textures (i can do reflection\refraction, baked shadows/lighting etc)
and i just like to make things look pretty ;)

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:50:01 am »

your going to need to learn photoshop to become a really good texture artist. ill bump you to trial to see what you can do. stay in close contact with DLT and he can mentor you to get you up to speed.

go ahead and make a new thread in the trial members forum.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up