GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:06:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon Accuracy / AIM Mode Improvements  (Read 26410 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: Weapon Accuracy / AIM Mode Improvements
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2010, 02:33:07 am »

Awsome glad you guys are looking into it.
I like your flooring KM did you install it yourself?

Hardstyle sounds like stuff I listened to 15 years ago except slower and not as hard.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 04:33:43 am by keefy »

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2010, 08:01:40 am »

Yeah, but you didn't answer your phone.
Very funny and very completely avoiding the point...

Awsome glad you guys are looking into it.
I like your flooring KM did you install it yourself?

Hardstyle sounds like stuff I listened to 15 years ago except slower and not as hard.
You mean Hardcore?

There's a world of difference. (Early) Hardstyle used to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PhyuztPCbM&feature=related
That was the best party evah, btw ;D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »

Completely avoiding being trolled. I've been dealing with knowitalls online since before the Y2K Event destroyed 99% of surface life and depostited a layer of iridium throughout the world's geologic record.  I don't have to waste the time of someone using his knowledge to earn his living to drag him into some aspie argument over the significance of "-4dB" meaning "x0.39811" or "x2.51189, reverse polarity."  Because I know which fucking one it correctly is.  If the colloquial in-the-field useage by the guy you worked under differs, that's the trade's business, but trying to say that a shoddily-coded WAV mixer is suddenly blowing up the peoples speakers using the power of $10 built-in Sound Blaster Compatibles is pretty silly.  Turning the volume down on the game or driver's mixer and up on the speakers works because it prevents the drivers from amplifying the numeric WAV data beyond 0x7fffffff and 0x80000000, not because of mystical +/- 4dB !voodoo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:11:25 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »

Completely avoiding being trolled. I've been dealing with knowitalls online since before the Y2K Event destroyed 99% of surface life and depostited a layer of iridium throughout the world's geologic record.  I don't have to waste the time of someone using his knowledge to earn his living to drag him into some aspie argument over the significance of "-4dB" meaning "x0.39811" or "x2.51189, reverse polarity."
And yet your iridium shield couldn't prevent people comming here and complaining about explosions causing crackling noice. Am I correct?

So... I come over and say: "Well dude here's a fix for it. Then KM confirms my point.

Then you offer to call some pro sound dude. Then I asked if you called him and you said no. And you did not because the iridium filled up the display of your phone so badly you couldn' t call him again.

All I can say is Lol, good4u, and knthnxbye... allthough I won' t kthnxbye because I am starting to entertain myself in blasting the arguments of a know-it-all, being you. As you so nicely tried to write down English at such difficulty that you thought it would:
A) make you look smarter, but it doesn't because realy intelligent people will never try to show their intelligence. In fact: the mark of an inteligent person is being able to explain the most difficult thing to somebody who isn' t intelligent at all (say explain spacetime to a person with avarage IQ).
B) desperately make me stop responding for I wouldn' t understand it, which I did. BTW... "x0.39811"? Nice half assed random access memmory adress, smartass...

Because I know which fucking one it correctly is.
Go fix it then, FFS. And puhlease tell me what you think it is... I will have my fun hooking up my Pioneer mixer. I want to have that explosion effect filmed while getting "Too much db, idiot!"-warning red light on the meters... I'd love to show the rest of this forum how to fix it by reducing the mid frequency db's. I'll prove it by hooking the output of the mixer up to the line in. That'll be soooooooooo much fun. But not for you...

PS: Oh... I read over this BS:
Turning the volume down on the game or driver's mixer and up on the speakers works because it prevents the drivers from amplifying the numeric WAV data beyond 0x7fffffff and 0x80000000, not because of mystical +/- 4dB !voodoo.
You're getting close to understanding the problem, but you got it wrong. And you got it wrong because Wave data (bla bla bla) is digital and the problem lies in cheap ass analog speakers and I am not getting this problem in the first place, rendering your theory wrong.

Allthough if, this 'wave data' limits range, it does fix the problem if you lower the range of the data because you would lower the amplitude of what is that analog signal (FFS hook up an oscilloscope to see the signal comming out of your soundcard... really... do it).

PPS: And this is what I have been saying since the get go. Only you do not know by which standards pro equipment is made.

PPPS: And do not lower the range of the bass and treble, but instead the mid frequencies. That will still make the " scree" scree and your "boom" boom but just without the crackling...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:38:22 pm by V!NCENT »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 07:50:38 pm »

*entertained*
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2010, 09:31:20 pm »

BTW... "x0.39811"? Nice half assed random access memmory adress, smartass...
PUHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHA.  Give yourself a star.  You're trollin' like no tomorrow.

the problem lies in cheap ass analog speakers
My cheap ass analog speakers.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 02:45:47 pm »

Very funny and very completely avoiding the point...
You mean Hardcore?

There's a world of difference. (Early) Hardstyle used to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PhyuztPCbM&feature=related
That was the best party evah, btw ;D
Used to tune into Picadilly key 103 back then every Sunday to listen to Stu allen and the "hardcore hour"  "get yer tapes at the ready"

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:00:06 pm by keefy »

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 12:31:42 am »

PUHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHA.  Give yourself a star.  You're trollin' like no tomorrow.
My cheap ass analog speakers.

Yeah... ok.. nice plastic.. specs pls? How many speakers per side, the magnet type and fequency range please...

Used to tune into Picadilly key 103 back then every Sunday to listen to Stu allen and the "hardcore hour"  "get yer tapes at the ready"

Wow... Thunderdome... You must realy like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLZ0IV8Ukg&feature=related
:D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2010, 03:27:14 am »

Nice necro.

Quit the e-bitching folks.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up