GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:44:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source competitive or not  (Read 19115 times)

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
Re: Goldeneye Source competitive or not
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 08:50:10 pm »

Hey guys, Game or duel without body armour was competitive? ;3

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 05:33:37 pm »

I'd join a clan and play "competitively", but I'm a bit crap and some of the WNx people are so good it almost seems pointless.

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »

Spydow and pain are good too good, just too much.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:16 pm »

If this could get big enough, could have like 3 brackets.

A bracket for players since ~Alpha, so are pretty damn good and know all the secrets/glitches.

Then one for ~Late Beta1, where there better then that a regular player, but might still be unfair to a Alpha player.

Then people who started since Beta3, and by the time this gets up and going, probably merge the Beta1 people with Beta3 foos'.

All just a idea, but I would like to see some sort of bracket system to keep if fair-ish... maybe have a "Ref" spectate games and make sure its a good game and not a blow out, and if not, bump up that team to another bracket/ or lower..... If any of this makes sense or relevant.

And maybe special games where a ~Alpha Team .v.s. the GE:S Team, and set up a server with Source TV so people could watch the Devs get there ass handed to them ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:44 pm »

Alpha experience has zero value in Beta 3+, beyond simply having spent more time playing FPS games.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 04:41:50 am »

I would love to play a bracket game!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:23 am »

If you wanna get better, you should practice.
Noone starts playing and is superb from the beginning.
Knowing the enviroment, weaponplacement (now weaponset related), armorlocation, tactics, pros and cons of each weapon, how to move in certain areas, which doors to keep an eye on, sounds which are telling you where the enemy is at, how to read the radar (if enabled) and so on.
All these things need special training but can improve your skills a lot.

I would really like to see at least one competitive clan beside WN in GES.
It's not a solution to found a new clan on your own, get 2-3 of your friends in there and that's it.
The best you can do is joining an existing clan so it can get bigger and competitive.

As far as i know there are just two active clans right now WN & NW.
From what i can tell, NW has something about 10 Members which are more or less active ingame and not really active in their Forum (latest post 14 Feb. 2009).

There is also another GES clan called [L|T|K] which is currently inactive coz of the lack of active members. (correct me if i'm wrong Wake).

Oh yea and Janus syndicate rather makes machinima then playing GES, so i guess they are not really interested in new recruits for GES.

So if you wanna join a clan, there are at least 3 possibilities to choose from.

Maybe there should be a Link on the Frontpage which leads to the Clan site on the Wiki, coz it's a little difficult to find right now.
The clan site also need to be updated, some of the clans mentioned there are no longer existing or play other games and ain't got GES anymore.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 12:47:30 pm »

Watching the in game tags, there are a couple GE:S clans that are getting bigger. as far as new clans there are like {TLP} , {BU}/[GA] , [OWS].

http://www.ges-stats.com/hlstats.php?mode=clans&game=ges

A way to see active clans. (and my owning of KM)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:32:23 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 01:27:56 pm »

(and my owning of KM)

I'll let the evidence speak for itself:

See you in WNx servers tonight Major!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 01:38:43 pm »

Don't make me come down there.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »

Dont forget this new clan too,HK.
see you later guys l3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up