GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 10:54:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S Burning Man 2012  (Read 5156 times)

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
GE:S Burning Man 2012
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »

I wanted to get community input on this. Being a paid worker at the Burning Man festival, I have the ability to organize a party. I've mentioned wanting to throw a GoldenEye: Source party, but I'd like to know how many of you would be able to make it out? Burning Man takes place at the end of August.

I plan on DJing a bunch of James Bond themed music by our artists as well as whatever I find on the net. I want to project a game of GE:S on our 40ft screen with the player standing on a small tower in front of it.

I'm going to get the game working with a kinect camera and have the player face off against bots while I DJ. This year, the DJ was in the top part of the stage; this was a problem as the DJ couldn't interact with the crowd. I'll likely be somewhere closer to the ground. Sexy people will be dancing on the stage.

I'll need to think of some kind of token I can give away. Any thoughts?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE:S Burning Man 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:48:42 pm »

hmm, I'll pop in a possibly as of now. Would just need to find couple people to roll with. I know some people who go, so maybe.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:59:41 pm »

Anyone that needs a place to stay can ask me. Our camp dues are around $100 I believe, and that'll get you plenty of food and drinks, as well as a spot on the same city block as Rachel Starr (no shit).

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:00 am »

Everyone should note that Burning Man is not a cheap event! It's also NOT a music festival, it's a vacation in a perfect world!

Plan it out way in advance.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:11:57 am »

How much is a weekend going to cost (not including the flight out/in)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:19:12 am »

There are NO day passes available for Burning Man. You have to pay for the full week, which is $325.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 02:21:54 am »

There are NO day passes available for Burning Man. You have to pay for the full week, which is $325.

So its 325 + 100 + Flight = Time of life?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 02:26:48 am »

Time of life is a gross understatement.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:26 am »

Wow, it would be absolutely incredible if this actually happened...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:12:01 am »

I wanted to go this year but was shorted by time and knowledge of the event.  Now that we have 2 members that have gone and can give us advice..  totally in.  I would try to do the whole week.

As for give-a-ways:
Coin
lame sticker
wood burning  http://www.youtube.com/user/locenzomatrix#p/u/16/tTH9ksXD_-g  (maybe a bond or logo cut out with info on it, maybe even a qr code)

I can think we can brainstorm the shit out of this.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:48 am »

Maybe we should mention the possibility in our next media update? Which, damn, isn't that soon? haha

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 06:07:39 am »

Oh snap, what if I made a bunch of Bond fake IDs that we currently use as the achievement icon for License to Kill?

terps4life90

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:31 am »

I want in....Rachael Starr :D lol. I think this is a great idea, as money is no object to me since i wipe my ass with 100 dollar bills anyways...Bass get the pull out bed ready :) no homo!

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 07:14:09 am »

Another idea would be an MI6 badge that we customize for every person by taking a Polaroid sticker picture and sticking their face onto their own badge

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:32 am »

If I can get a crew together, camp dues are $100 a person? We bring our own tents and that stuff?

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:44 am »

It might be $150, I'll have to ask our camp leader. Yeah, bring your own tents and sleeping bags and shit.

And ear plugs. Definitely ear plugs.

terps4life90

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:34 pm »

Dont forget condoms :D

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:20 am »

Well this party might not happen. With the new lottery system, getting a ticket to burning man is a bit of a challenge. Camps are not guaranteed tickets, and neither are performers or artists. If the tetris group doesn't get tickets, I won't be hosting a party this year I'm afraid. I still highly encourage everyone to consider going; it truly is a life changing experience.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 05:23:34 am »

awh wtf
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 05:54:38 am »

Camp dues won't matter if there's no camp!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up