GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 11:38:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED] Connection Problem  (Read 3179 times)

Juanxz

[FIXED] Connection Problem
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:53:20 am »

Hi. I'm new to the game and the forums so i'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to post it in. I have some problems with the game:

1)I'm only getting 2 servers with players on them. The others are empty. Is there a problem with my connection?

2)One of the servers has like 10 players but when I join there are none.
The other one works for like 1 minute. I keep getting "Warning - Connection Problem"

Can anyone please help me? I've also searched the forums for an answer to this,
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:53:21 pm by Juanxz »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: [BUG] Connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:57:21 am »

1. We have a small playerbase, and usually the WNx Chicago server is the only one filled, with many other servers remaining empty.

2. That was the "Doorman is god" server... for some reason they think it's a good idea to tell the master server that there's 10 players in their server when in reality there are none (I'm not sure how they do that, but it's awfully stupid when there's hardly anyone playing anyway).

As for you getting connection problems to the WNx server (I assume that's the other one you went to), it could be your connection, or the server may have been having some temporary problems. Try it again later.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Juanxz

Re: [BUG] Connection Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:52:27 pm »

Thanks for your help. I can play the "dorman is god" server fine. It was just the other server that had problems.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: [FIXED] Connection Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 02:10:43 pm »

Disable the "show maplist", feature and make sure your filter settings don't limitate the servers.

For the DiG server, i think if they feel like they have to betray the players, they'll soon learn that ppl begin to avoid it. Noone likes to be tricked like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up