GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 12:20:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey guys, I REALLY need help with an error message (the game won't even start)  (Read 3495 times)

DirtbagDan

Hey guys, I haven't played Goldeneye Source since 1.1, and today I decided to play it again so I updated it to 3.1. As soon as I launched the game, the valve logo loads, and then the goldeneye source menu attempts to load, and then it I get this...

(Here is the direct link to the image if the forum seems to be re-sizing the image and you can't see what the error message says: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8851/gsourceerror.jpg)

And then the game crashes when I click ok. Back when I played the mod when it was 1.1, I for some reason would play it in a windowed mode instead of fullscreen. I have no idea why I did that, but I suspect that is why this error message is coming up for me, because every other game and mod I have on steam works fine, and they are not in windowed modes.

Can someone please tell me how to bring the game back to a fullscreened mode without using the options/settings screen (because I cant even get to them due to the game crashing before it starts)? That is IF that is what the problem is...

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.

Definitely reinstall the 3.0.1 full 

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile

That's the best bet. It happens sometimes.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

DirtbagDan

Thanks, it worked. Problem now is that once i've joined a game, I seemed to get kicked after a bit and the game tells me it couldnt connect to the VAC server.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.

Close Steam, elete the .blob file in your Source directory, restart Steam. It will do a little update thingie and you should be fine.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!

or if you didn't want to go deleting things, you could also just go to file-->change user--->logout and then sign in again and it usually always fixes the problem. Least it always has for me whenever I have gotten that.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.

It is also worth making sure your bandwidth settings for th steam client are setup correctly ususally with the updates it can be reset to defauts which is the lowest speed normally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up