GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:15:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED B4] Identity when switched to teambased gamemode and some minor stuff  (Read 3609 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.

Hi guys, it's me again ;-)

When the gameplaytype changes during a match,
it might occur that there are MI6-characters on the Janus team and vice versa. (because the skin-select menu is shown but not forced, so a player could click "cancel" and cause some trouble that way)

I'd suggest switching players to spectator mode or forcing another skin to be chosen.
Btw. it's quite sad most servers change the gameplay nearly every round, so if you just wanted to play some deathmatch you'll find yourself trapped inside LTK or something.

There's 3 minor things I found:

(there is some text behind the menu saying "Hide Achieved")

The background color of checkboxes and related text (still) reverts back to the normal steam color.

And last: you wrote my nickname with a capital "c".

EDIT:
One more (and more important) thing:
Since 3.1 Proximity Mines blow up if an object passes them by - but the object doesn't blow up, if it is a mine or a grenade.
This means in LTK if you start out with Proximity Mines in a room with only one exit which is mined you'd have to die in order to get out, because if you threw a mine, the mine from before would be gone but not yours.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:46:41 pm by killermonkey »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!

The first part is mostly do to the Linux bug(since I believe all WNx servers are Linux), and since the server you were playing on was Linux then character names are off, try a windows server and names will be rite and you will have to choose a character based on your team.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:42:08 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent

I know the linuxbug, but it wasn't the case.
As you see the others were displayed correctly: otherwise for example that Samedi on Janus would have been Mishkin. (Mishkin chosen -> Samedi displayed)
This problem seems only to occur if there was a non-teambased round before (so you could select any character) and then you're being switched to a team (and by chance originally chose a skin of the other team and then cancelling the character select menu). Since you have already been ingame, you're no spectator - thus meaning you can actually play with a "wrong" skin (skin of the opposing team).
Even other players saw me as Mayday then and kept asking why there was a Mayday on team MI6 (I could only shoot Janus members, so at least that worked correctly - but they were a little confused ^^).

Another thing that came to my mind - I know why duckjumping was disabled, but in some cases (LTK on control, trying to avoid a camper from above you) it would have been good to have it (duckjump between the stairs and move up without being shot granting you at least a chance against the campers). Also that higher jump is damn slow and feels a little... I don't know. Not right at least. Is there no other way to avoid that hitboxproblem?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:15:22 pm by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps

I know what you are saying, nice catch cool... damnit... there is enforcement of this for all NEW players... however if teamplay is enabled mid-stream then you can potentially cancel out of it... but you are still associated with that team and take damage as appropriate (damn spies sappin ma teleporter!). On a side note, I think this got broken behind the scenes (used to be enforced in B3.0) because of some code rearrangement we did...

I can't grief with you about the game mode, that is server dependent, just play in an appropriate server to prevent playing the dreaded LTK!

Steam colors and Hide achieved, etc are unchangeable (I tried) since the update to that thing in February because they are forced in GameUI.dll which is a locked file.

Duckjump fix is temporary, it is mainly to prevent retardation on the part of hitboxes. A more elegant, and hopefully permanent, solution will be worked for B3.2 or B4 hopefully.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent

I know what you are saying, nice catch cool... damnit... there is enforcement of this for all NEW players... however if teamplay is enabled mid-stream then you can potentially cancel out of it... but you are still associated with that team and take damage as appropriate (damn spies sappin ma teleporter!). On a side note, I think this got broken behind the scenes (used to be enforced in B3.0) because of some code rearrangement we did...

Just wanted to point it out, because I was not sure if you already knew it.

I can't grief with you about the game mode, that is server dependent, just play in an appropriate server to prevent playing the dreaded LTK!

I know, it was just some thought I wanted to share with the community - I hope there are some people that feel like I feel about that sudden gameplay change who might eventually join me when I try to play on a server with a constant gamemode (unfortunately most servers are empty now and only 2 are played on, both changing gameplay mode often).

Steam colors and Hide achieved, etc are unchangeable (I tried) since the update to that thing in February because they are forced in GameUI.dll which is a locked file.

Alright then - I didn't know. :-(

Duckjump fix is temporary, it is mainly to prevent retardation on the part of hitboxes. A more elegant, and hopefully permanent, solution will be worked for B3.2 or B4 hopefully.

I read the thread before but was not aware you're trying to fix it back in. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up