GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:34:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Animator  (Read 7395 times)

Wolf

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Wolf has no influence.
Character Animator
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:41:05 pm »

Hey guys. I've been animating off and on for over 6 years, I haven't been to school, yet (like your other animator applicant) But I ,thus far, worked for a Studio with a game on steam (many will know). The game is Red Orchestra by TripWire Interactive studios. I worked with them back in 05' as a Contributor converting 1st person animations to 3rd person, mainly worked on weapon reloads directly under the lead artist/Animator and part CEO.

But I have worked on other mods and engines as well. UT,UT3,HL,Source,Q3 and 2 custom engines. I know how to work with Maya,3d max & XSI.

www.youtube.com/wolf103085 - I don't have a demo reel but I have samples, 1 of them is work from RO. Most where WIP's (the run is a rough start) and some where nearly finished. Feed back is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:36:14 pm by Wolf »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Character Animator
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:20:07 pm »

could you do us a favor, and put quick renders on youtube.

you don't need to do UBER lighting or anything like that. just do your 3 best animations. that way everyone can get a good look at them.

if you do make it to trial with your work, that would be a standard method for the team to review you and give you input. as its a bit of a pain in the butt to download a 256 meg file
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Wolf

• Agent
  • Wolf has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 11:13:18 pm »

roger that.

Uploading all the Sample videos to my youtube channle. There are other samples there as well.

Completed Uploading, Didnt want to upload the walk since it was only 2-4 secs long.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:35:51 pm by Wolf »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 06:59:47 am »

Hey wolf,

Didn't you animate for Dragonball: Source? I could have sworn I have seen you somewhere before. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Wolf

• Agent
  • Wolf has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:44:58 pm »

Hey wolf,

Didn't you animate for Dragonball: Source? I could have sworn I have seen you somewhere before. :)

Yep. Ryan was the other animator.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 08:31:11 pm »

If you trial with us we would ask that you animate in XSI since our final rigs are in XSI format, and as you may know, transferring rigs between platforms is next to impossible (with exception of XSI <-> Maya using crosswalk).

Your anims look good, are you completely familiar with the setup of HL2 animation system (the 9 extreme look positions + gestures + overlays)? If so we should get together to discuss a trial :)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 10:23:39 pm »

Yep. Ryan was the other animator.

Nice man. Welcome back! Glad I ran into you again. Do you even remember me on the dbs forums?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Wolf

• Agent
  • Wolf has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 12:18:55 am »

If you trial with us we would ask that you animate in XSI since our final rigs are in XSI format, and as you may know, transferring rigs between platforms is next to impossible (with exception of XSI <-> Maya using crosswalk).

Your anims look good, are you completely familiar with the setup of HL2 animation system (the 9 extreme look positions + gestures + overlays)? If so we should get together to discuss a trial :)

yes i know the 9 (extremely annoying) directions, but its rather simple/easy to get all of them too. for example, make 1 front and back walk/jog, then just rotate the root (entire rig and mesh) to the next direction and make the torso alterations and thats it. nice short cut :-D

Nice man. Welcome back! Glad I ran into you again. Do you even remember me on the dbs forums?

Yea i remembera ya, one of our pretty active members, Though i REALLY wish there was another dbz mod for source (multiplayer only)

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:14:21 pm »

I'm liking what I see. I'm going to bump you to trial. Make a new topic in the trial section and someone will get you something to work on. Spider lets get this guy working on animations :) Killermonkey, you are familiar with XSI so you might want to point him in the right direction and get him something to do as well.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Wolf

• Agent
  • Wolf has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 05:56:34 pm »

roger, waiting on the thread to be set up.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 05:59:30 pm »

You have to make the thread lol :P
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net