GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:22:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Hold the Briefcase  (Read 16094 times)

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
[Gameplay] Hold the Briefcase
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:46:27 pm »

Hold the Briefcase has been updated. The below version is outdated and should no longer be used. You can download the revised version via Github on my website here: https://euphonic.dev/goldeneye-source/

Grab the briefcase and hold it for as long as you can! The longer you hold the briefcase, the more points you get! Alternative Scoring: Get points for each kill while holding the briefcase.

Hold the briefcase for as long as you can!

Created by WNxEuphonic | Original Mode by E-S

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Download & Installation -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Download from GESHL2.com
Download from MediaFire (Mirror)

Extract HoldTheBriefcase.zip. Drag and drop the contents of "gesource" into your GoldenEye: Source folder (located at Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gesource). Override any file conflicts when prompted. Once installed, you'll be able to select Hold The Briefcase from the "Create Server" menu and through the developer console by using the command "ge_gameplay HoldTheBriefcase".

- Gameplay & Scoring -

At the start of each round, one or more briefcases will spawn around the area. Grab a briefcase and you can start earning points. By default, you score points the longer you hold the briefcase, but there's also an option to score points for each kill you make while holding the briefcase (or both!). Note that this isn't Living Daylights -- you can use whatever weapons you like while holding a case.

Team Scoring:
Points are generated over time for each player holding a briefcase on your team and/or each kill those players make (or both)

Player Scoring
1 Point per kill and/or 1 Point per set amount of time

- Options & Gameplay Events -

There are three customizable cvar values for Hold the Briefcase. You can change them through the developer console or through HoldTheBriefcase.cfg

hb_warmup (default 20) is the warm up time in seconds (Use 0 to disable warmup)
hb_cases_override (default 0) sets number of cases to spawn. Set to 0 to use default amount
hb_scoretype (default 0) controls how scoring is handled. Set to 0 to use briefcase hold duration, 1 to use kills while holding briefcase, 2 to use both

There are several emitted gameplay events server owners can use in their gamemodes.

"hb_startwarmup" is emitted when warmup is begun
"hb_casepicked" is emitted with the player that grabs a briefcase
"hb_casedropped" is emitted with the player that drops a briefcase

- Screenshots -

Custom gameplay help screen for Hold the Briefcase

A briefcase ready for pickup

Loose briefcases display "Briefcase" over the objective icon

Held Briefcases don't have any text above the objective icon

While holding a Briefcase, text is displayed on the top of the screen

A teammate holding a Briefcase during a game

The gameplay allows custom amounts of Briefcases, leading to this screen

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] Hold the Briefcase
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »

So its just stock gamemode but with briefcases instead of flags?
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:57 pm »

So its just stock gamemode but with briefcases instead of flags?

No, it allows you to use any weapon you like while holding the briefcase and doesn't reward you for picking up items. It's a remake of a .

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:04:41 pm »

Reminds me of VirtualMark's gamemode.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:23:20 am »

I like this concept. I had plans to make something like this later on.  However, I think that it's sloppy that you continue to import classes that are not used.  You did the same thing for Uplink.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 03:42:32 am »

However, I think that it's sloppy that you continue to import classes that are not used.  You did the same thing for Uplink.

Oddly some of the official gameplays do this as well -- future releases I'll make sure and clean up the imported classes.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:48:48 am »

I'm not sure many people will like this gamemode. As it is very similar to The Living Daylights, which is not played very much at all, I am not sure how this game mode will draw people in.

Personally, I like the idea that you can use weapons to defend yourself, but can't this possibly lead to camping, especially if the GG is in rotation?
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:08 am »

I'm not sure many people will like this gamemode. As it is very similar to The Living Daylights, which is not played very much at all, I am not sure how this game mode will draw people in.

This mode is completely different from Living Daylights, the only thing it has in common is the fact that you have to hold something to get points.

This is more like LD + MWGG... everyone is scrambling to get the 1+ briefcases and micro teaming is employed. Its a lot more fun than LD.

@Troy

Stop nitpicking Python code when you have no clue how it works. Importing doesn't degrade performance at all, not one bit. All the GES imports are pre-loaded because they reside in the binary, importing simply "exposes" the interface to your code. Same goes with other Python classes except on the first import used during the Python runtime, which is when the code is actually parsed and loaded.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:54:34 am by killermonkey »

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 11:04:59 am »

I said similar, not the same and I have no problem with the game mode :P

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 02:51:29 pm »

I don't think the mode will work particularly well on a public server rotation -- I mostly made it so it would be another mode for people to play around with. If any of you guys add this to your rotation, it's probably best to use weaponsets that prevent easy camping (no golden guns, proxies, etc).

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »

Oddly some of the official gameplays do this as well -- future releases I'll make sure and clean up the imported classes.

Yes I know.

@Troy

Stop nitpicking Python code when you have no clue how it works. Importing doesn't degrade performance at all, not one bit. All the GES imports are pre-loaded because they reside in the binary, importing simply "exposes" the interface to your code. Same goes with other Python classes except on the first import used during the Python runtime, which is when the code is actually parsed and loaded.

@KM I never said it degrades performance.  I said it's sloppy.  Why do you continue to talk to people like that?  Do you think that because these are your forums you have the right to treat other people poorly?  I don't talk to you like that, so don't talk to me like that.  I've done numerous things to you and this mod out.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:50:50 pm by Troy »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »

Troy, if you say bs you are going to get called out on it. Extra imports is not sloppy. If you don't want to get called out, don't comment.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:05:28 pm »

I don't think the mode will work particularly well on a public server rotation -- I mostly made it so it would be another mode for people to play around with. If any of you guys add this to your rotation, it's probably best to use weaponsets that prevent easy camping (no golden guns, proxies, etc).

Ah yes, of course :D

I think that is the biggest frustration with LD is that you can't really defend yourself, but it makes sense because you are holding a giant flag :P I think those that do put it into a public rotation, the community who don't go on the forums will go, oooh! "what's this!" (The majority of Spectrum did this when I put Uplink into rotation PS: They love it) But I think that people will compare it too much to LD.

So, we'll see how it goes.

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »

Troy, if you say bs you are going to get called out on it. Extra imports is not sloppy. If you don't want to get called out, don't comment.

Are you kidding me?  Yes it is sloppy.  You don't import things you're not going to use.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 02:41:16 am »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up