GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 11:54:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LooneyTrails v1.2  (Read 8863 times)

101satoon101

LooneyTrails v1.2
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:35:43 am »

First, sorry if this is in the wrong section.  I'm pretty sure it is in the correct section, but maybe not.

LooneyTrails is a script that adds (server side) trail effects to projectile entities of many Source-engine based games.  As of version 1.2, it now has support for GoldenEye Source.  The supported entities for GES are npc_tknife, npc_grenade, and npc_mine.  The trail effects are beam, dust, energy, smoke, and sparks.  Server owners can choose different trails for each entity.  They can choose to have no effect for a given entity or even "random" which will choose a random trail each time that entity is created.

Since GoldenEye Source is an OrangeBox game, it not only requires ES 2.1, but cfglib as well.  The easiest way to install cfglib is to download ES 2.0 and extract only the ..addons/eventscripts/_libs/python/cfglib.py to the appropriate folder.

I hope that if you test this, you will like it.  If you do, please feel free to log in to the Eventscripts Forum and +woot the script.

Satoon

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: LooneyTrails v1.2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 03:52:56 am »

That's kinda cool... might check it out and goof  off with it.

Beta4 has similar features built in, but till then it looks fun.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 09:59:21 am »

Sounds fun and kudos for announcing it (or working on it too), but I believe it doesn't fit very well into the world of GE:S, unless we're talking about a game just to fool around

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 10:59:52 am »

actually this section was for LUA gameplay scripts not for 3rd party plugins :P Still nice to see you support GES, and I thank you for that.

101satoon101

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 08:54:04 pm »

Which forum should I post in for future reference if I create another script that is compatible with GES?

Thanks for the kind words, I hope some of you download and test it out.  Let me know if you do, and whether you like it or not.  As far as not fitting the world of GE:S, I can kinda understand that.  When I was modifying it to fit multiple mods, this was not a concern of mine.  I just made it compatible because it was easy to do, and figured 'why not'.

Satoon

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:09:01 pm »

Which forum should I post in for future reference if I create another script that is compatible with GES?

Thanks for the kind words, I hope some of you download and test it out.  Let me know if you do, and whether you like it or not.  As far as not fitting the world of GE:S, I can kinda understand that.  When I was modifying it to fit multiple mods, this was not a concern of mine.  I just made it compatible because it was easy to do, and figured 'why not'.

Satoon

And we thank you for that. That shows commitment and may spark some interest in this mod by seeing it listed on the compatibility list of LooneyTrails.

Regarding any new posts of third-party stuff, I'd say you post on the general Custom Releases boards, id est in here.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 05:50:57 pm »

A website admin should create another childboard for Server creations, then SM topic, this, and such can go in there.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

101satoon101

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 05:22:05 pm »

Ok, cool.  I'll start posting in the main Custom Releases board for now.  And, if the new one is created, I'll start posting there.  Thank you all, and hope you enjoy.

Satoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up