GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:22:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 Translations needed  (Read 44886 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Beta 4 Translations needed
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:48:08 am »

Hey guys,

Well its that time again to start translating the new stuff for beta 4. This will be done on the wiki like last time so i have updated the English version all ready and the other version need to be edited.

You can check out whats changed on this page: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=2518&oldid=2124

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Beta 4 Translations needed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:50:44 am »

Allright. I'll do the german version.

I found some little issues on the english version.

The number of kills necessary for earning "Licence to Grill" "Man on the Moon" and "From Russia with Love" are missing.

The description of "Just a Fleshwound" seems incomplete to me.

"Win a knife duel (both players holding knives and attacking each other)"

Afaik, you have to take knife demage before killing the other player.

Suggestion:
"Win a knife duel but be hit with the enemy's knife at least once"

I think we don't need the line in (), since "knife duel" allready means both combatants have to use a knife.

"The enemy has stolen your intelligence! You must break into the enemy's stronghold and take your intelligence back to your base! Be forewarned, your intelligence must be back in it's original place before you can capture the enemy's.

Sound strange. and IMO it means the enemy has both yours and his intelligence and you have to get your's back first before going back again to capture his.

Should be like:
"The enemy is trying to steal your intelligence! You must break into the enemy's stronghold and take his intelligence. Bring it back to your base but be forewarned, your intelligence must be in it's original place before you can capture the enemy's."
or:
"The enemy has stolen your intelligence, you've stolen his! You must break into the enemy's stronghold and take your intelligence back to your base! Be forewarned, the enemy will try to get back his intelligence, too. Capturing will only work if both, the enemy's and your intelligence are on your side."

Also:
As a player you get the Golden Gun and try to kill the Baron before he kills you.
Afaik, you don't start with the AuG and only one player will get it.
Suggestion:
"As a player you have to get the Golden Gun and try to kill the Baron before he kills you. Also be aware of the other players when holding the Golden Gun, they might try to get their hands on it."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:31:38 pm by kraid »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:28:09 am »

When monkey wakes up im sure he will clear them up. :P

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 01:55:26 pm »

If you guys are gonna let me do it the Portuguese translation, then it's going to be Portuguese from Portugal (just as it is in Steam and any other Steam game) and not Portuguese from Brazil (like it is in the current beta). Nothing against the Portuguese from Brazil; it's just a question of coherence.

I'm saying this because my B3.1 translation got raped a few days after being submitted...

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

I can lock it if you need ppk so only admins can change it

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 04:01:14 pm »

@kraid    corrected a few mistakes in the german version, otherwise in good condition, I think.  ;)

cy

finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:08:21 pm »

Also make sure the right version will be added to the game.
For beta 3.1.4 somehow an older german version was added
so a lot of the award names got cut off and some other minor
things were wrong.

Maybe not a bad idea to restrict the editing of the translation to admins.
At least the ones we have someone on the team who's speaking this as his native Language.

Regular users can still suggest translations here on the board, but we should add them on our own.

@cy: thanks. Damn how could i miss out to fully translate the Scaramanga's Pride description.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:15:25 pm by kraid »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 04:56:48 pm »

If you guys are gonna let me do it the Portuguese translation, then it's going to be Portuguese from Portugal (just as it is in Steam and any other Steam game) and not Portuguese from Brazil (like it is in the current beta). Nothing against the Portuguese from Brazil; it's just a question of coherence.

I'm saying this because my B3.1 translation got raped a few days after being submitted...

The reason this would have happened is because we have Fonfa who lives in Brazil.  May I suggest that you tag it with Portuguese - Euro  and a second one can be made for NA.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 04:59:23 pm »

The reason this would have happened is because we have Fonfa who lives in Brazil.  May I suggest that you tag it with Portuguese - Euro  and a second one can be made for NA.

I can do that. Last time it didn't work, I guess.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 02:26:18 am »

It doesnt work that way. Only can have lang files for the same lang in steam. Thus only one version can exist and it should be the same as the steam one.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 02:40:39 am »

I will update the translation english file and post here when I implement the remaining achievements (give me a day)

Also, to the portugese stuff, we can offer various versions of translations on the website while still only having the steam ones shipped with the mod. Those that want the alternate translations can copy and paste the stuff on the wiki into the spanish or portugese file at their own will.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 02:43:02 am by killermonkey »

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:33 pm »

Any idea on when they need to be finished?? I can do a Dutch translation but I'm kinda busy atm. I might have some time after the holidays

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 01:12:18 am »

Give me a week to finalize the localization file. I still have a few things to add to it and make sure everything is set.

lolidude

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 01:44:11 pm »

I dont really understand what we are supposed to translate. Is it all the text on the wikipage from the first post?

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »

Looking at the English version, the left column is the code part, the right column is the one with the texts that need translation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up