GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:43:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bots on ges  (Read 4725 times)

Balotelli

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Balotelli has no influence.
bots on ges
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:37:37 am »

i want to say thank you to  all the creators and developers of the project. This is fantastic i'm playing it with my friends in lan day and night. xD the thing i loved more than anything else is the bot support, they are perfect i just noticed a minor bug sometimes... they just stand looking at me until i kill them. SOmetimes after one hit they remember their mission and they start shooting again. i'm already playing the hardest bot level. Anyway i just want to know: is possible to understand why they stop moving and shooting? if not possible, there will be some improvement on the bots code? thx again for making this possible! sry for my english xD

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: bots on ges
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:10:49 am »

The bots were just released a couple months back. The bots will look like that for a while since they use the source engine, and our beloved Lead Dev, KM, wrote the code from scratch. Overtime the bots will get better! :)

Balotelli

• Agent
  • Balotelli has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:53:14 pm »

thx for answering :) if this will happen this will be the greatest game ever made! bots are e retro concept of gaming... is hard to find newfps arena games wth bots

Game_Master001

• Agent
  • Game_Master001 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »

Well, there's 1 thing those bots can do right: hiding.

I sometimes play Cradle with 3 bots for some target practice. Quite often, 1 or 2 bots suddenly becomes unfindable! On Cradle! That's quite an achievement.

P.s. if you want powerful bots, try Bunker_Classic. Half of the time they still are very unresponsive, but the other half of the time, they're even better than the most skilled players online, headshotting you when you pass a corner before they're even visible (when I play bots I turn radar off), and just simply having perfect accuracy and timing.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:58 pm »

Hey chaps, just in case you didn't know, you can change the difficulty of the Bots by doing the following:-

Head to the following folder:-

Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\gesource\cfg

In here you'll find the "Valve.rc" file, open it using "Notepad".

Once open, look near the bottom for the following text:-

ge_bot_difficulty 6

Just change the "6" , 0-9 sets the difficulty, although I can't remember if "0" is lowest or highest.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

9 is highest difficulty. Doesn't fix bots doing stupid things, but it does make them extremely accurate with a preference towards your head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up