GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:22:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For The Cy: Feedback on Funhouse Map  (Read 4410 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
For The Cy: Feedback on Funhouse Map
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:09:21 am »

sorry i wasnt sure if i post it here or in the custom maps section

Layout:
Well I will admit the map feels rather small compared to previous versions while that is not a bad thing- it makes the battles more intense and players don’t get lost in the map

Scaramanga Exercise room: slightly edited from the previous version, visually it looks glorious especially the bathroom looks so shiny and sexy. The exercise room itself looks larger and easier to maneuver- the new riffle range is fun for a gag- glad to see that Nick Knack is still there and I love the new Scaramanga laugh.

The Hallway Tunnel with the multiple rooms looks unchanged from previous versions and it’s still good- just odd to see a shade of purple near the fake entrance picture of the gym room

The Alley looks absolutely sexy with its vibrant colors and unchanged layout- the concrete door is rather funny but I have to say it looks pretty darn awesome

The TV Set is rather a mixed bag- I think the upper walkway above the set is an excellent sniper post but the problem is that the set itself looks a bit dull- the bus stop looks bizarre next to the set as the toilets which I thought it was a nod to the bond film For Your Eyes Only but alas they are toilets

The Scaramanga Theatre- the entrance looks rather the same only without Trevelyan which is okay. The interior of the entrance (the lobby) is rather nice with the black and white flooring pattern, the marble flooring near the cocktail lounge is rather pretty and the walls have a nice look the only niggles are the lack of Bond Posters that I had enjoyed in previous versions- the new image of the 6 bonds doesn’t really suit it (just from my view that’s all) and the poster of Cate Archer  No one lives Forever is a bit dull (again just from point of view) I would suggest some awesome artwork from 007Art but again it’s up to you- also I think you should remove the image of the fat guy with the magnum in this area and place it back in the wild wild west room- also I will note I love with what you did with the King of Hearts on the wall…looks rather good

The entrance into the cinema looks quite good but the image of Brad Pitt?/Val Kilmer? On the right side feels a bit odd- something to remove. The other side on the left with the blue moon is rather neat and I like that.
Now I won’t lie to you but the upside down room in the back of the lobby gave me a bit of a headache and I really didn’t like this area I’m afraid. 

The control room with Scaramanga Burial is also a room which I felt wasn’t as good as the previous version- maybe it’s due to too many things being in the room- the resting place of Scaramanga doesn’t feel right in the room somehow but again its matter of opinion- it’s hard to describe it

The Saloon area like previous versions is still fantastic though I still miss the fence deathtrap but the visual and lighting of this area are still excellent

The Golden Gun area room is very dark now which I suppose in gameplay reasons is a good thing as it allows players to sneak up and ambush others particularly in Live and Let Die with the baron or You Only Live Twice. It’s nice to see the deathtrap is still there even though its visually hard to see- a stroke of genius actually makes it much harder to get the golden gun actually 

The Sci-fi bridge area with the body armor as much as I like it seems a bit too strange for this map and I miss the old invisible bridge area from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

The toilet areas are unchanged and they are alright they have a very 60s appeal especially the images. The area behind the map in the male toilets feels a bit dull compared to the old bell tower but it does give a nice flow to the map.

Gameplay Modes:

Death match:
All good there are no issues really but I suppose a couple of times bots got stuck in the door of cinema but again it’s probably due to the Bot behavior A.I than the map

Live and Let Die
As the baron it’s rather fun in this map the only issue is that the bots cannot pick up the golden gun but it’s not your fault as I have had this issue with other maps such as Runway

Living Daylights:
It plays alright mind you Flag Tag is probably my least favorite game mode

The Man with The Golden Gun: honestly apart from the bots ignoring it this map was born for MWTGG matches it’s really good

Honestly I give Funhouse a 9.2 out of 10 there are some minor niggles but all in all it’s a wonderful
Imaginative level with some truly fun moments (but I suggest using the old music (runway alternative) some of the music didn’t suit the map like the PD music and yeah but I really enjoyed it so thank you so much Cy for allowing me to test it for you

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: For The Cy: Feedback on Funhouse Map
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:24:21 am »

Hey Cy,

I noticed the banner for the entrance of the cinema is all stretched out and doesn't look right.

Also, what is up with the toilets there?

And why are there no doors on the toilets in the men's room?

Other than this, thumbs up :)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:03 pm »

and there was a case with one bot that ended up stuck in the circular room with the armour and froze but shot players off while constantly picking up body armour not even a magnum to the head could kill him

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:39:33 pm »

both of you, thanks for testing! and rick astley - such a detailed review! truly great!

here are some answers:

@Rick Astley: It´s not an image of brad pitt or val kilmer, but james dean, old 50s style and an illusion.

I removed the james bond posters because they were too modern for the funhouse. the new bond poster in the cinema was a tough dicision, too, but I liked it´s colours and I think the style fits perfectly, so I think I´ll just let it there.

the whole dark tunnel with the golden door frames has a purple ceiling (just like the goldeneye rogue agent version), but you only see it at the end of the tunnel, because there is a light which brightens the illusional pictures. but I think I should reduce the brightness a bit.

the tv/movie set was inspired by david lynch's movie "inland empire", only the rabbits are missing:

@Emilia: which banner? and what toilets are you talking about? the toilets in the movie set?

and the toilets in the men´s room don´t have doors, because these are the same toilets which you can see in stanley kubrick´s "the shining" with jack nicholson. it´s the red room where nicholson meets the former caretaker, delbert grady. :)

if you notice something else in the funhouse, please proceed with posting
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:21:35 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz
Pages: [1]   Go Up