GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:21:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Higher Definition View Weapon Models - Version 1.1  (Read 19390 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!

VGF I think your model looks already better than the GES version. but PPK is right when he writes:

I think it may be a question of improving the normal map.

maybe you could do that. and when it looks fine then, I´ll be the first one who happily downloads your new version.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

Looks more like Gold now. I like it.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.

OK, I'm updating the whole package, with quite more weapons improved (Although some of the cases are just small changes):

Download Version 1.1 here.

I'm also updating the first post with the new polycount information. Here's the new screenshots:
US AR33 Assault:

Automatic Shotgun:

Moonraker Laser:

Golden Gun:

D5K Deutsche:

Cougar Magnum:

PP7 (Only the silencer was modified):

RCP90:

Shotgun:

About the Golden Gun, I really need some help doing the Normal Map, texturing ain't precisely my cup of tea. Don't count it as final, I'm just releasing it for further comments and for someone who can help me out.

I won't say again this is final, if there's any other round edges I'm missing, just tell me and I'll try to fix them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:08:35 pm by VGF »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Higher Definition View Weapon Models - Version 1.1
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »

thank you very much! had a good run on the funhouse with the polished weapons.

finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 08:45:59 pm »

Sweet work. A lot of these assets are several years old, and this this a great way of keeping them up to date!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »

Yeah, these are awesome. I changed my mind about the Golden Gun as well, It looks a lot better now, great work.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:22 pm »

You should re-origin the PP7, like I described here: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7404.0.html

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »

You should re-origin the PP7, like I described here: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7404.0.html
Well, so far I'm just following the steps of the original models. I could do a small tweak to have a secondary version, with a different origin of the PP7's.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up