GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 09:24:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Level Designer App (Manuel Fleurant)  (Read 10775 times)

GrumpyKoala

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GrumpyKoala has no influence.
Level Designer App (Manuel Fleurant)
« on: April 24, 2009, 04:19:41 am »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Manuel Fleurant, am 27 and I am applying for a level designer spot.

Please, dont blame me for my writhing skill. Since i am not english native speaker and I disagree with copy pasting any template to look better i will probably do lot of syntaxe mystake. Still this will provide you a global idea of my english skills.

I am currently modding for a game called VOTR ''vengeance on the rock''. this game will be release in about two week and i am actively seeking for another opportunity to give life to some maps. Since goldeneye is to me way more than an exceptional game, i will be honoured to participate in the goldeneye source project.

Under the Art director, My job on VOTR was to create a global environement trough most of the end game content communicate. (HUB)

- responsible for all transition trough end game content
- responsible for general flow of the end game content
- dynamic and responsive world event that happen when end game level are complete.

This below is some picture of my level.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8808/votr01.jpg
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8440/votr02.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4959/votr03.jpg

This below is a rough draw of my level design ability applied to the golden eye lore.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9543/dam01.jpg

I hope to hear from you.

Manuel Fleurant
snowflakes_kingdom_@hotmail.com.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:36:20 am by killermonkey »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Level Designer App (Manuel Fleurant)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:38:04 am »

HAHA, I got nervous when I saw the cell shaded world for the crazed monkey circus (awesome concept btw).

However, you blew my mind when I saw your work on the Dam! You really know how to handle the detail and the lighting to capture the "moment" so to say. We already have an affiliate of the team mapping Dam, but we have plenty of other places that need mapping too, I hope we give you a trial. *COUGH* Bunker *COUGH*

GrumpyKoala

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:56:32 am »

Hi killermonkey!

Thanks for the fast reply! i realy hope that my english skills dident gross you out!

Well as i said i realy like to join your team on any maps that need to be revemped, of course i have some kind of weakness for dam but ill take gently anything that the leads will give me!

anyway, are you talking about bunker part 1 or 2 ???

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:24 am »

wow, great work man. Dam looks amazing. I love the floor part sticking up and just the detail you put into it. That is really nice my friend. I believe you would do very well making bunker judging on how you did dam, but I guess we will have to see what everyone else thinks. Good luck. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:30:44 am »

thumbs up!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 02:15:42 pm »

I likes..

I like the fact you did a GE:S scene to show the GE:S Community that you're capable of doing it.. Pretty much to a T.. nice work man. Hope to see some good shit from you :D

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 02:21:30 pm »

Looks great man, you seem to be very sensitive and articulate with the way you create atmosphere.

Does anyone think he could do the train map?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »

Your work looks great. Specially the Dam you created. It really captures the feeling. Good work.

If you make it into the team, go and try for Bunker, one of the most awesome maps of GE.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 06:50:21 pm »

Lovely work. I like the style and direction of the first pictures you posted of your current project. Very nice direction by the art director of that project and a great job showing your skills. You create very good atmospheres with your levels, which is something that is difficult to achieve. The lighting, detailing, and placement of textures (even though they are half-life 2 textures), demonstrate a good level of skill.

I think that your work is defiantly worth giving you a shot at a trial member, and hopefully, eventually a spot on the team. I'll let the leads from the level design department make that final decision though.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

GrumpyKoala

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »

Well thank everyone!

Got a pretty busy day ( beta deadline for my current project (votr) end touday and we just made it! The next two weeks are only debbuging purpose.

Am now awathing for an approuval by the leads to beguin a map of your choice :)

Lets keep in touch :)

GrumpyKoala

• Agent
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 12:59:38 am »

Hi again!

Someone suggest i could do train... i like the idea... well like the idea about any map so ^^

not like i have nothing to do touday but i still find little time to put out a what could look like train.

notice that i wrote ''ge source'' on the image but dont get me wrong... i know am not part of the team... well not yet i hope...  Am very sentitive to the copyright and i am not showing this image or talking about any affiliation between me and ge source until you guys decide it.  it was only for the purpose that i was very exited about doing a map for you.

i hope you love it... feel free to comment.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5286/train01.jpg

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:22:27 am »

I like your work. Even though it is just a simple sketch of the level, it looks great, even though I am usually impressed quite easily. I also like how you use Imageshack, so I can't mess with the URL to see other images you might have lying around (Looks at other people).

IIRC, Jungle and Statue are not called. Train might have someone, and Dam has someone, and Major is doing his own little version of Dam as well. Who knows what will happen, but I like your stuff.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 03:04:15 am »

Im all for a trial, can someone set him up please? Go ahead and take train if you feel confident. I know that you just created a simple rough draft However, i would like to tell you that your rough draft picture should not have so many boxes. Also, you should brighten it up alot. Once you get access to the trial member section, please create a thread, Again your map (as you say) will be ge_train.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

GrumpyKoala

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 04:03:49 am »

thank you for the tips sharp!!! For what i see from now (and am happy of it) its look like a very active community :) I like to thank all for their confiance in me too.

So it will be train :)

However I just finished some test to see how jungle can be acheve.

If you are interested...
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6344/jungle01.jpg

Also everyone look like night owl here or am wrong? seem the forum is way more active in the night 0_o

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 04:15:53 am »

It looks cool, but how many flat jungles have you seen? The main floor could use some variety.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 04:30:21 am »

Welcome ;)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up