GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 11:43:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: cradle and archives  (Read 17992 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: cradle and archives
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 02:19:24 pm »

As I mentioned to another poster, better weapons don't make you more powerful, they make your skill more effective at defeating enemies.
Same thing worded differently.

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 05:00:49 pm »

The D5K is clearly superior to the Klobb.

CelticCat

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:11 pm »

A nerf gun would be superior to the klobb.

Which is why Klobb kills are so much fun ;D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 08:57:13 pm »

This thread is a barrel o' laughs. Anyway, if you get low FPS, then do what has been said on this thread.

And about the weapons, someone has already said it, but I'll say it again, for the sake of truth: this is GoldenEye. Nuff' said.

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 12:41:57 am »

I can shoot an AR-15 WITH NO SCOPE 600 yds and hit my target just fine, so fine that I placed #3 out of 600 NAVY SHOOTERS in a match a few years back.

Do that with an old Russian M38 bolt action rifle with no scope, then I'll be impressed (I've come damn close, but my iron sight is to far off and that rifle is far too inaccurate at that range)

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 01:26:10 am »

id take that challenge if i could use one of my K31's instead ;p

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 07:52:58 am »

Do it with a slingshot and then you can call this thread.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:44 pm »

by the way I NEVER PLAY LTK. IT IS FOR SCRUBS WITH NO SKILLS WHAT SO EVER. ONLY GAME MODE I PLAY IS REGULAR DEATHMATCH. Or team deathmatch. Anything but LTK.

You need to get out more.
Oh and caps is fail.

Amused, nonetheless.

Oooh, and that be my 300th post.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:20:00 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 06:47:48 pm »

As everyone else pointed out, this is meant to be a recreation of GE, which includes it's weapon behavior.

I now avoid Cradle. The layout of the map makes for some cool and funny moments, but overall it's annoying to play on. I also avoid LTK. Without radar it usually amounts to getting shot in the back 50% of the time, and shooting others in the back the other 50% of the time. What an exhilarating test of skill (sarcasm)!

LTK (or as I like to call it, "License to Kamp", or "The Back Shooting Contest") is usually a nightmarish fuck-fest of a gamemode. Not my cup o' tea at all. I don't grasp why some people actually favor it.

I'd probably play it a little more often, but I'm a stats whore, and I don't want my stats soiled by such a thing. I'm assuming the stats are equally affected by LTK in points, weapon kills, ratio, etc.... which is all a lie in the extremeness that is LTK, as far as I'm concerned (so are the weapon achievements, regardless of the 1 for 3 "compensation").

I should probably be less concerned about that little stat's plug-in. But I can't help it!

Haven't played any GES in a couple weeks. Might have to get a little playing done pretty soon here. Hopefully my little break hasn't left me sloppy and easy to kill. Because my stats.... MY STATS!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:49:58 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 07:26:44 pm »

They certainly need to fix the "get x kills" achievements, because they're not affected by the 3-for-1 compensation.

LTK is pretty "skill-less" but I still enjoy it in small doses. I love getting "stealthy" kills. Like if I see someone opening a door on Temple and I get back against the wall and when the walk ahead I shoot them. Or spawning behind a camper and slapping him. Good times. But it is annoying when you get shot in the back. 

Still, it was in GE007, so it has to be in GE:S. I just wish there were more deathmatch-only servers that people actually frequented.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with camping.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:44 pm »

LTK plays fine with four people, I've noticed.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:35 am »

I see where people are coming from when they say that LTK takes zero skill.
However, the fact is, every mode requires skill. It doesn't matter what you're doing.

LTK Slappers on a conveyor belt suspended over a pit while grenades fall from the sky still requires skill.

In LTK's case, it's about your reflexes and being quick at your accuracy and use of cover.
...Come to think of it, this applies to every game mode ever.
LTK is just faster.

I will say, however, that I do prefer LTK with a radar. Otherwise yes, you are getting shot in the back a lot.
But that comes right back to skill. Be the first to do it to them before they know of your presence, lest they take cover and make things more difficult for you.

Oh, and there's a solution to the LTK clusterfuck problem. Leave the crowded server.

~Edit for typo and better word choice.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:04:56 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 12:56:03 am »

They certainly need to fix the "get x kills" achievements, because they're not affected by the 3-for-1 compensation.

Wtf are you talking about? 3 for 1 works fine

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 02:31:41 am »

LTK plays fine with four people, I've noticed.

Definitely; LTK is only obnoxious with too many people on the server.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 04:24:48 am »

Or when ZMG is the startarmed weapon.  I'd rather have Klobbs.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up