GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:45:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 20,000 Likes for Black Mesa Source, Help out please!  (Read 6658 times)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: 20,000 Likes for Black Mesa Source, Help out please!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:48:46 am »

For 20.000 likes i'd at least expected a trailer.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »

No, you see "I don't give a fuck about likes"

Hehe

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 03:26:37 pm »

*holds back all comments regarding the game because it might just fucking blow our heads off* all the haters gonna hate :) 2012 would be sexy :)

Im not a "hater". My professional opinion is these guys are empty shirts. It should be that only a perfect game will ever justify for anyone this negligent run of poor PR history vs. community they enjoy.

Seriously last I checked they had 5000 active forum members who have been waiting 4 years now and they've received nothing. There is a point where they become just sad for continuing to reward it. That point isn't in the future... it was at 2010 when the supposed release was a sure thing. ;)

edit: This feels like an internal decision was made to go on or not based on how many people still care about them. Id say their numbers of faithful are down. It's likely nothing to do with the media, but measuring their time (which could be much more strained at this point and as failure drags on) vs who cares.

=============================

What a team!

Developer quote
Why are there no official updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raminator
That's the thing, we've already tried all of this, and it got us nowhere. We tried doing frequent news updates; people complained. We tried doing large new updates; people complained. We tried setting up a devblog; people complained. We tried releasing video trailers; people complained. We tried setting up a YouTube channel; people complained. We tried setting up a Twitter account; people complained. Do you see where this is going?

No matter what we do, people are going to complain, so it makes the most sense to do nothing. We can't keep everyone happy, and it's a waste of development time to even try, especially at this late stage. We have more important things to do.

==============

Like getting a PR representative to do these things is hard in any way or hurts development one bit? And to speak about complaints as if they didn't deserve them is silly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:39:29 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 03:45:12 pm »

I think another part of it is just how closed off their mod is. I understand how they want to surprise everyone, but the fact that they hardly ever leak even tiny little pieces of information in this long a time period is a bit silly and adds to the fact that they have little to no "official" PR.

That's one thing I like about GES; we actually talk with our fans and unless it's something that's a huge surprise, we're fairly open with our playerbase once we get a certain feature implemented.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:11 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up