GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:01:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with some monitor hook ups/audio  (Read 3193 times)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
Help with some monitor hook ups/audio
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

Hello GE:s forums,

I've got a little idea to nerd up my man cave just a little bit more, I've been thinking of the best way to hook up my gaming systems to my pc monitor and my speakers, but. Here is what im trying to decide, how can i get the audio to play threw the speakers. Any suggestions guys/gals?

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Help with some monitor hook ups/audio
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

If your game system uses a 3-color RCA cable, Just grab a RCA female to 3.5mm male at your local electronics store or on eBay, They usually cost no more than five bucks.
Then plug both white and red wires into that adapter, And plug the 3.5mm jack into your PC in the line input (Blue hole) along with your speakers in the green input, Then you just need to configure your speakers in Audacity or a similar program (You might even be able to do it with just Windows) to playback the sound that comes from the line in jack into your speakers.

If you're using an HDMI cable for an HDMI monitor, Just use the integrated speakers in your monitor, Most monitors that has an HDMI output has those.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:50:45 pm by namajnaG »

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:43 pm »

Go with what namajnaG said, or get this. Does you monitor have built in speakers? If it does, you could use that, but the quality is low.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 11:49:18 pm »

Since we don't know exactly what kind of gaming stations you wanna hook up or what cables you have and most important what ports your monitor+speakers have at all, there's not much we can tell you.

E.g. using a console with HDMI on a standard PC monitor is far less complicated then having - let's say - a N64 linked to it.
In the second case you even need a signal converter between console and monitor or use a video grabber card with your PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up