GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:58:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Most Honorable AND Most Dishonorable.  (Read 6612 times)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
[BUG] Most Honorable AND Most Dishonorable.
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:51:25 pm »

I don't know if this is actually a bug, but I'll show you guys anyway.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: [BUG] Most Honorable AND Most Dishonorable.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:02:19 pm »

Its not technically a bug, and a lot of us find it hilarious. Kind of a quirk. We noticed this in testing

This is one thing i cant recall if it existed in GE64, but its a cool thing imo

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:17:39 pm »

It was very rare in GE64 since you could only get 2 awards maximum per person. However, it did happen!

This is NOT A BUG. This is a gameplay feature, that way honorable and dishonorable is calculated is completely independent of each other. However, if you get Mostly Harmless and Most Deadly in the same round, then that is a bug. Catch my drift?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:56:05 pm »

However, if you get Mostly Harmless and Most Deadly in the same round, then that is a bug.

Once I got Most Deadly in a round in which I certainly wasn't the most deadly. Probably an occasion error, though.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »

It's a bug in goldeneye so you choose to keep in? How bizarre.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »

It's a bug in goldeneye so you choose to keep in? How bizarre.

they are calculated front 2 different values. so its not really a bug. if they were named shot people the the back, and shot people the the face this wouldn't ever be mentioned as a bug hehe.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:51 pm »

Once I got Most Deadly in a round in which I certainly wasn't the most deadly. Probably an occasion error, though.

Yes, awards are not perfect matches to your SCORE, they aren't meant to be, but they do reflect your playing. There is a lot of behind the scenes calculations happening that affects your awards. Accuracy (where you hit), the amount of damage, what weapons you used, etc all factor into the awards. Score != award and that is the way its meant to be.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »

if they were named shot people the the back, and shot people the the face this wouldn't ever be mentioned as a bug hehe.

If for each shot to the back you would hit them in the face... That would would probably cause some problems and would be awesome to watch... ;)

@killermonkey
Thanks for the heads-up on how the awards work. In that match I did use the PP7 while the others kept roaming around with assault rifles... That's why I got most deadly with the lowest score.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 09:38:19 pm by PPK »
Pages: [1]   Go Up