GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:46:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FORGETFULLNESS?] To sharpshootah  (Read 6244 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
[FORGETFULLNESS?] To sharpshootah
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:26 am »

Hey sharpshootah,

On runway I noticed that everytime I spawn it says "runway, chemical warfare facility 2" or something like that. Was that on accident that you forgot to take out? or was it a reminder to finish something later on in the future?

Thanks

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [FORGETFULLNESS?] To sharpshootah
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:46 am »

I guess that he forgot to take it out, since no other map has that feature, but nevertheless, it's a nice touch.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:37:07 am »

its so you dont forget that the map is totally awesome

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:18:52 am »

In Goldeneye, at the beginning of a mission, your location is shown.

Unfortunately, it seems to trigger on every spawn...

What that should be showing is the "Died X times/Suicide count: X" indicator from Goldeneye 007.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:51:48 pm »

What that should be showing is the "Died X times/Suicide count: X" indicator from Goldeneye 007.

I had that in but km didnt like it. :(

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:04:47 pm »

Thats so stupid... *RAR*!

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:40:58 pm »

He just called Goldeneye stupid.

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »

He just called Goldeneye stupid.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I just ignore it lol.. it's just "there"..

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:20:52 pm »

ok, so is this going to be fixed then sharpshootah?

SECONDLY, since VC locked my other bug thread, are proxy mines going to be set off by other tossables in the update? (ex: toss one proxy mine, then toss another and it should blow up (which it doesn't right now)) or is that going to be something for beta 4?

BTW, is it just me..or does it seem like PPK and other people keep just spamming and posting stuff even when the forum is has no relation to them....ex: I said "hey sharpshootah" and i got a bunch of people who don't really know the answer. I know that beta testers and other staff can and might know the answer..but I really just feel like other people are just spamming. I hate sounding like an asshole, but that is just how i feel about random posts.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 08:24:15 pm by bklax23 »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:53 pm »

I have sent KM a Private Message regarding proximity mines.  You will await the results of his efforts, should he choose to make any.

Posts that contribute to conversation, be it the one you seek or otherwise, are allowed.  Specifically inflammitory comments, direct trolling, and thread jacking will be delt with at the moderators' discretion.
If you want to Privately Message sharp, use the Private Message button to send a Private Message to sharp, which will prevent anyone else from commenting on it because the Message will be a Private Message.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 09:33:42 pm »

Nope, this will stay in, as it was in GE64

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:06 am »

right sharp I understand that...but do we need to have it display itself everytime I spawn? I get the first time...but after that it seems negligible.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 01:15:33 am »

right sharp I understand that...but do we need to have it display itself everytime I spawn? I get the first time...but after that it seems negligible.

Why does it bother you so much? i never even noticed it until you keep pushing it on the forums here... ignore it... it's not doing anyone any harm..

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 03:41:08 am »

its all good, its gunna stay in

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 06:39:27 pm »

The alarms are another thing "head hurts just thinking about the sound constantly going off during testing"

It is mainly sharp's say and the team has a slight push to influence him to do things, but it is still on the mapper on what they want to do with their work.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha
Pages: [1]   Go Up