GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:33:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 56744 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

hey guys,

yeah, I know I wrote that the third version of the funhouse would be the last version, but that was obviously a lie, because you know I can´t let it be, shame on me.  but the map' s really worth it. so here is the thing and some of you already knew: I´m currently working on the next version of the funhouse. and I think it will be just great. better lightning and atmosphere, better architecture, better map flow. I shortened most areas again, changed some room positions and I will try to use as many hi-res textures as possible. and let me tell you, the map's already an eyecatcher. in the end I want to have a mixture of the movie, the funhouse map from game rogue agent and my ideas. and of course I hope you´ll like it, too.

but enough stupid talk, here are the pictures. some of them are early WIP, but you get the idea. and I hope you´ll see the difference.

new and short area behind the toilets. now the tower' s position is in the movie studio.

new title work and architecture for the cinema. and now the ticket lodge is a part of the wall.

this is the future movie studio. here you´ll find many WIP backdrops...and the tower which is now part of the movie settings and the entrance to this place.

the cowboy setting is much darker now. like in the original movie.

new ceiling for the shortened hall of mirrors.

I´m very proud of this new golden gun room. feels great.

new room for scaramanga, the god of heaven and hell, filled with tons of seductive coins (you can see below). but still WIP. the invisible bridge is gone. (also deleted: the cemetery, the guillotine and the female scientist's prison in the cinema area)

and just one more thing: I want to give you the chance to work with me. so tell me your thoughts, your ideas, your criticism, your banking informations ;P. maybe somebody is also great at modeling and want to model the papercuts? (cowboy, mob, cadillac) or you have great (and free) music (maybe in the style of the 70s) which would fit perfectly? tell me, discuss with me, and again, give me your goddamn banking informations!     

and don't worry, this time the map's name will be cy_funhouse_v4

grrrrrrreetings
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:34:18 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:23 pm »

this looks really sexy thanks Cy
if you ever need someone to test it- im up for it :D

btw i sent you an email
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:18:01 am by Rick Astley »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:33 pm »

thank you! but as I already said, I need unofficial music.

liamcadhain

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:45 pm »

Looks good Cy, I was never a big fan of the invisible bridge and the new wooden one looks much better now. Keep up the good work!

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:44:01 pm »

Yeah man, bring on the lighting, looks great.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:31 am »

Will you be modifying the spawn locations? I notice when I play the current version that the movie theater and bathrooms are hardly used for battle, because people don't spawn there often enough.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10:40 am »

Cool, I am glad you started to work on it again.  I really did think you were finished.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:07 pm »

Will you be modifying the spawn locations? I notice when I play the current version that the movie theater and bathrooms are hardly used for battle, because people don't spawn there often enough.

ok, I'll think about that. I like these fights in the cinema! two days ago one lucky bastard was standing on the terrace and killed me and another guy with one magnum bullet. pure movie magic!  ;-)

Cool, I am glad you started to work on it again.  I really did think you were finished.

thanks troy, my thoughts exactly. maybe then the map will finally be available on the [1138] and the Wnx server. I know that only the maps with the best quality can make it there ...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:47:09 pm by The Cy »

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »

To be honest Cy, I find this a little weird:

MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:57:28 pm »

you see me? what the hell, I´m totally nacked right now! rrrahhhhhh!!
but of course you´re right with the sign. maybe I should write: "Never ever played, you idiots, mahaha!" :D

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:49 pm »

you see me? what the hell, I´m totally nacked right now! rrrahhhhhh!!
but of course you´re right with the sign. maybe I should write: "Never ever played, you idiots, mahaha!" :D

it should be "Now Screening"

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 08:24:03 pm »

"Now screaming: James Bond"

Muhahahaha
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rick Astley

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »

so...any updates?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:06 pm »

so...any updates?

quite a bit early but yes,
1. I reduced the height of the cowboy- mobster area & hall of mirrors and connected them again. they don´t look so huge anymore, more like in the rogue agent game.
2. new pictures of the james bond island in the cinema.
3. added a huge statue to the movie studio section, so that the players can jump off the tower without loosing health.
4. added some eyelats to the tower
5. reduced the height of the golden doors
6. changed/added some spawn locations
7. tried to make the training room completely turn red after a button switch, but it didn´t work out well.
8. changed the name of the map to ge_funhouse_v4

also thinking of papercut models for the cowboy, the cadillac, the mobsters, (like the alizee-papercut some time ago). maybe the mirrors from the hall of mirrors should be models, too. their bad reclections always annoy me. maybe someone could help me with that? would be truly awesome
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:44:22 pm by The Cy »

Rick Astley

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:08 am »

i actually like the papercut models..there is something awesome about them especially when you go into No Clip mode and go behind them and they still look at you...its creepy but cool

what is the james bond island?

dont reduce the height too much though as some players tend to get clastraphobic :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up