GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:18:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I liked previous GES better  (Read 4845 times)

vexixx

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • vexixx has no influence.
I liked previous GES better
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:46:48 am »

I used to play GES awhile in 2009 and I liked the game much better then. I feel the hit detection in this game isn't accurate and is inconsistent.

Shotguns can shoot and do damage from entirely to far away and other times right up close they don't do much at all.

Klobb is a terrible weapon. Original Bond the Klobb was not that bad, it was actually some what decent. I can shoot someone in the back , in the head and they can turn around and kill me before I kill them, BS.

The system where leg shots and arm shots count as less is dumb, all body shots should be the same.

Why is that someones face can be all paint balled up and no head shot registered?

I never EVER use to complain about this game, I loved it. Now it feel like its just some poorly made FPS or something?

IMHO you guys where doing something great before, but now the graphics are different and the hit detection isn't accurate and its just not as fun. I'd rather sit down on my N64 with friends.

Remote mines watch shouldn't be secondary weapon, it should be the next weapon after remote mines, just like in the original.

There's no real board where the sniper rifle is really usable like it should be. There use to be an outside winter board with big satellites it was great for, where did that go?

You can flame what you want, but I've been playing for a week this is MY impression of the game. I feel like I have to figure some twisted way of flames and stupid tricks to this game to get legit kills and keep up and I have, but I shouldn't have to.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: I liked previous GES better
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:35:30 pm »

I used to play GES awhile in 2009 and I liked the game much better then. I feel the hit detection in this game isn't accurate and is inconsistent.

The hit detection is just as bad as it was in 2009, we're working on fixing it at the moment.

Shotguns can shoot and do damage from entirely to far away and other times right up close they don't do much at all.

This is also being addressed.

Klobb is a terrible weapon. Original Bond the Klobb was not that bad, it was actually some what decent. I can shoot someone in the back , in the head and they can turn around and kill me before I kill them, BS.

No, it really was that bad. The Klobb in GE:S is actually slightly more accurate than in GoldenEye 64 to help make it a bit more usable. But it is intentionally supposed to be a terrible gun, it always was.

The system where leg shots and arm shots count as less is dumb, all body shots should be the same.

It's based on the damage model in the original game. Most people never realise this because in Singleplayer guards were incredibly weak and died from just 2 or 3 shots in the legs and arms whilst most people used AutoAim in Multiplayer which would aim for the chest.

Why is that someones face can be all paint balled up and no head shot registered?

Because Source displays bullet hit decals clientside, so if you shoot a character on your end they will look as if they are hit when they may not be. We're working on finding a solution to this.

I never EVER use to complain about this game, I loved it. Now it feel like its just some poorly made FPS or something?

IMHO you guys where doing something great before, but now the graphics are different and the hit detection isn't accurate and its just not as fun. I'd rather sit down on my N64 with friends.

I think even some of the developers share this sentiment, we're constantly working to make the game a more fun experience. It's by no means perfect and we realise there is huge room for improvement and we're working towards that.

Remote mines watch shouldn't be secondary weapon, it should be the next weapon after remote mines, just like in the original.

It works better as a secondary weapon. It is only useful if you're actually using remote mines. So when you have remote mines you don't have to fumble around scrolling through the weapons to get out the detonator when you can just press right click.

There's no real board where the sniper rifle is really usable like it should be. There use to be an outside winter board with big satellites it was great for, where did that go?

It's being worked on behind the scenes. The old version doesn't stand up to our current quality standards and it has to be remade. It will be done enventually.

The sniper rifle is still useful on maps like Cradle and Runway for long distance shooting.

You can flame what you want, but I've been playing for a week this is MY impression of the game. I feel like I have to figure some twisted way of flames and stupid tricks to this game to get legit kills and keep up and I have, but I shouldn't have to.

I pretty much share your sentiment on a lot of what you've said. We're constantly improving, just watch this space.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:38:12 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:37:45 pm »

I'm waiting to see what KM say's.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »

I can already predict what KM is going to say on the majority of these responses. If you have been reading other threads with this kind of content, you shouldn't even be waiting for his response. :P

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 07:13:30 pm »

I Disagree:

Klobb = terrible, for a reason and consistent with N64. Hit detection is fairly accurate compared to other games... you might not think so because Invulnerability is blocking your hits. This mechanic is being worked on with better feedback to the player in the next release. (For now Read Me)

I agree:

The game is not fun for 50% of our players. We are working on it.

Thanks for your feedback!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:15:01 pm by killermonkey »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »

to be honest i love GEsource the way it is the only true nudge i have is the sniper riffle as i believe that the zoom should move in and out like the original and that the sniper looks too plastic (its just a nitpick but im sure that in future versions it would be worked on)

its an idea but i would love to see (honestly i dont know how it will be done) is to have a better vgui menu when it comes to making server matches (something very close to the orignal n64 menu- selecting what map, weapons and such)- not that im
against the old type in to the blue box method :)

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 09:10:21 pm »

I can already predict what KM is going to say on the majority of these responses. If you have been reading other threads with this kind of content, you shouldn't even be waiting for his response. :P

Why not, I like reading KM's responses, put's a smile on my face. I must say though, you seem quite mellow this time around KM... Are you high?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »

Lol no, I've been doing some introspection recently and I, and our team, have come to a consensus on what works and doesn't work in ges. We are addressing these issues which is why an update is taking so long.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »

Nice, the next release is sure to be a special one.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 11:50:39 pm »

Nice, the next release is sure to be a special one.

That's what he said.  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 01:10:10 am »

That's what he said.  :P

HAHA.

But I agree 100% with KM. This is a serious topic, and a lot of thought is going into it. This is where player input is critical. A game for the people, by the people.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm waiting to see what KM say's.

Im hiding under my sheets now.

Oh wait he already responded. /facepalm
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:20:14 pm by osaeed2k9 »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »

Complaint thread on this forum where the devs are agreeing.

Dont see that every day.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 10:48:18 pm »

Dont see that every day.

I've already snap shot, printed and framed it. ;-)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 06:33:58 am »

Dont see that every day.

That is true. I must say I was taken  back by KM's responses actually....apparently I didn't quite know it...lol haha

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up