GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:02:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye Remixes on YouTube  (Read 18791 times)

Mesmonium

• Retired Developer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Mesmonium barely matters.Mesmonium barely matters.
GoldenEye Remixes on YouTube
« on: November 28, 2014, 02:09:51 am »

Hi there!

I recently got a tweet from one of you guys about joining the team in regards to music/remixes. That would be amazing as I love GoldenEye and the stuff that you guys do.

For those that don't know, my name is Mesmonium and I remix video game music on YouTube. I try to emulate the same feel as the original but making the music better.

Egyptian: - Middle Eastern feeling
Bunker 1: - Nightfire feeling
Facility: - Straight up remaster

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: GoldenEye Remixes on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:21:47 am »

Hello Mesmonium, the one who tweeted at you would be me. A group of us one day found you while we were in a group chat and we love the work you have. The mod right now already has quite a few number of songs, but there are gaps that need to be filled, and some other ideas that we would like to play with that need music as well.

I'm glad to hear that you are interested. I would like to see you bumped to a trial member, but we'll have to wait on some more members input first. I'd like to chat with you though in the mean time. Feel free to add me on Steam, my name is JcFerggy on there as well.

But yes, just to reiterate, I love the music you have (I'd say Egyptian is my favorite), and I'm happy to see you replied to me tweet.

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 05:32:30 am »

Your music is awesome. I'm glad you're interested and wish you best of luck!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:41:07 am by Luchador »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »

Looking forward to seeing what our music team guys have to say. I'm currently at home away from my studio for thanksgiving, so with only my laptop speakers I can't comment on the mix quality or anything really.

On the arrangement side, I like your percussion.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 06:12:05 pm »

Firstly, welcome to the forums! I'm glad to see you're interested. While I enjoyed all three tracks, I really like what you did with Bunker; once it picks up, it takes on the kind of smooth and jazzy tune I always imagined it should be, but with that electronic twist. Awesome work, and I wish you the best of luck :D
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 07:51:31 pm »

Best of luck on your application! Your music definitely provides a new approach! :)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 11:11:04 pm »

I've greatly appreciated Egyptian, it perfectly fits such an ambiance, and the quality is there. Reminds me of PR loading screens.
I wish you good luck as well on your application, and I hope to see you recruited on the team! More tunes are always a go for me :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:46:18 am »

I really like your tracks, man. especially egyptian!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 05:03:05 am »

Love these remixes. ;D
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 01:39:37 am »

Hey there Mesmonium, Lead Audio Developer here. Thanks for sharing your interest with us! I've listened to the three tracks you have provided, and I have a little feedback.

Egyptian: Totally kickin rad. It's very dynamic, and you have added a lot of personal flair to it. My only gripe is that the strings sound very synthesized. Try to lower the attack times on emphasized notes, or play those notes slightly earlier so that they don't fade in late (does that make sense? It's a common issue with orchestral samples).

Bunker: Close to the original with some new elements. Nice overall, but could use some more character. I'd also recommend increasing the overall energy of the track, because this mod is significantly faster paced than the original game was. The beat took more than a minute to come in, but man it sounded great when it finally came.

Facility: Straight up recreation for the most part, but the guitar riff lacks power. The guitar is arguably the most recognizable part of this particular track, so it was a bit disappointed to hear it in the background.

Overall the tracks are generally well mixed, with percussion and bass popping appropriately. I feel that the percussion is one of your strengths, while leading melody and supporting chords could use a little work. I feel that you are capable of producing some very good Bond remixes, and with a little direction, perhaps even get some of your music into the game.

You've got my vote to be bumped to Trial Member. There are still a few tracks that have yet to be remixed, so I might have you start with one of those.

Mesmonium

• Retired Developer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Mesmonium barely matters.Mesmonium barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 12:07:48 pm »

Oh cool! I'm glad everyone enjoys the music. The GoldenEye remixes don't get much coverage on YouTube but I still enjoy and love making them. Thank you for all the feedback!

Basstronix, strings are always my problem and currently working out how to deal with that issue. I look forward to seeing what I can do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up