GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:30:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048  (Read 16203 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »

I keep getting this when trying to connect to a server, I can create a LAN server just fine, but I'm sick of playing against bots now that my internet connection is no longer shitty and I can play matches online without lagging. :P
Apparently someone had gotten this error back in September according to the FaceBook post, but other than that I keep getting the situation happening with CounterStrike: Source, and isn't actually in the same situations as me. :-\
Any ideas on what to do?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:47:57 am by StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] »
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: STEAM certificate length error! 0/2048
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:45:01 am »

I had the same problem, opting out of the Steam beta fixed it.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »

I'll try that when I get home, I hope it works.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »

I just remove all my steam content except SteamApps folder and Steam.exe and it's work fine now :)
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Canman

• Real Super Sand
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Canman has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:19:55 am »

I have this same exact problem. I want a fix to where I wont have to delete everything  :-\

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

Opt out of steam client beta. That's all you have to do.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »

What if you are not in the steam beta and it still does it? (I've already tried the delete trick)

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:20 am »

Maybe Opt into a beta? I don't know, it's a valve error. A blind monkeys guess is sufficient when troubleshooting valve errors.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 01:44:52 am »

Maybe Opt into a beta? I don't know, it's a valve error. A blind monkeys guess is sufficient when troubleshooting valve errors.

Well i already tried that... why does this always happen.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:25 am »

I've had that issue too while not beeing in the beta.
But it was gone the next day.

Metasync

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Metasync has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10:20 pm »

Glad to know I'm not the only one. This just happened to me while I was not opting in any current betas, I attempted to opt into a beta with no luck. I reinstalled Steam, but to no avail. I tried running GE:S vanilla, assuming it could've been a problem with my reskins, gamemodes, or sprays, but that didn't do anything (luckily I backed them all up). I even tried reinstalling GoldenEye: Source but I hadn't struck any gold.

I connected to a Counter-Strike: Source server to see if this problem was throughout Source MP, but CS:S worked like a charm. This is especially annoying since I was just about to test my custom sprays and rent out a GE:S server. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I could easily believe this is on Valve's end which makes me hope they fix this soon.

EDIT: Rediscovered this old post while conducting a routine security check-up. Yes, it is important to fix typos 7 years after the fact. No, I will not fix the sense of uncertainty implied by my expression ("I could easily believe") with respect to who was at fault with this when it was obviously a Valve Software issue – to that extent I feel it wouldn't be proper to alter my previous statements.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:19:11 pm by Metasync »

Jonathan Dark

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jonathan Dark has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:28 pm »

Same prob for me here since yesterday... currently updating steam...

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 12:53:35 am »

I just got it today.  I wasn't participating in Steam Beta.

I tried doing this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26454448

No go
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:08:14 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 01:48:50 am »

Servers will have to be updated to the latest version of the SDK 2007 DS from SteamCMD before they will work with the latest version of the client.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:36 pm »

Man, Valve really seems to hate mods nowadays! Hopefully the SDK 2013 update will help out a bit by bringing us up to speed on the latest tech...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up