GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:16:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Classic DK Mode or "Huge head mode"?  (Read 12701 times)

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.
The Classic DK Mode or "Huge head mode"?
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:18:21 pm »

In the near future .. Would it be possible to add the DK mode? No doubt this was one of the best and funniest things in GoldenEye 64 I do not think it would be impossible in source engine.. If In Garry's mod there a tool that resize head, arms, legs and objects with scripts

Who know additioning:   mp_dkmode   or similary  :)
“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: The Classic DK Mode or "Huge head mode"?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »

Well, I believe the only problem that they'll get is resizing the hitbox every time a map is selected (since the hitbox's wireframe is something strongly linked to the model).

I could be wrong though...
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

Something interesting: there is a counter strike source mod that recreates the same effect of n64 .. I do not understand coding but maybe it is possible to import it into GEs

Font ->    http://gamebanana.com/skins/71393
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:12:29 pm by De¢rÂ¥pter1990 »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

The simple answer is, it's a lot of work while we are still looking for a character modeler.

But never say never.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

TheHTCViveGuy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TheHTCViveGuy has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 02:31:57 am »

That would be hilarious if we had DK mode.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 10:37:11 am »

DK mode would also require big arms and bigger weapons, too.
That's where the real issue starts.

Scaling the head wouldn't be a big problem, but the arms are.

Because you wouldn't just need to scale the mesh but also the Animations for it to work correctly.

It would be easier to have fat characters.

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:51:44 am »

Well .. A "Fat mode" would be equally hilarious. But.. is not  DK mode.  xD

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »

The logistics of a good implementation of DK mode is a ton of work for little payoff.

The only feasible implementation for us is we'd need 2 character rigs, twice the number of character animations and a second set of characters and weapon models that are sized differently.

All of our character models and animations are currently in need of redoing from scratch, if we were ever to do DK mode we'd redo all of that before hand.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 04:28:11 pm »

The bodies are also smaller than usual.

If only Source had a feature like Unreal 4 does where you can add bone modifications to animations without having to make new rigs or edit said animations. There's a little bit of work to get it to work but it's a hell of a lot less work that duplicating rigs & animations.

I don't know programming in Source but it sounds like this feature isn't a thing for Source, only thing I know that is similar is that one tool in Gmod that lets you resize bones however it doesn't effect the child bones & thus wouldn't work correctly for this. Assuming that could be ported into GE:S to begin with.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 09:40:31 pm »

It was a novelty on N64, but I probably only turned it on in Multiplayer 3-4 times out of thousands of matches over the years...

The increased hitboxes for heads would have a massive - possibly game-breaking - effect on how GE:Source multiplayer works... if it were ever implemented, sure it would be fun to play as a novelty now and then... but I'd hate to log on to the server browser one night and see 6 populated servers, 4 of which have DK MODE ONLY!!!! running...

Already have issues with servers messing with gravity and other settings at the moment - which is also fun, but it gets to be annoying when there's 4 populated servers and 3 are anti-grave or running mods which totally change the balanced, classic GoldenEye gameplay many of us are looking for when we log in to the mod.

Would it be cool to see, simply because the original game had it? Sure. But I'd be careful what you wished for with this one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up