GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:35:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Mission accomplished': All 33 miners rescued  (Read 6262 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
'Mission accomplished': All 33 miners rescued
« on: October 14, 2010, 02:17:49 am »

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/13/chile-second-half-rescues/?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Man, I felt so fucking bad for the miners when this shit happened. I mean imagine being in a dark, rocky, 90% humidity environment for over 2months, (shakes) no way i would survive.

I am really happy they are removed and rescued. Just look at Chile, i mean the president is just like a regular normal guy, the entire Chile people are like a family together, whereas Americans we dont give a shit to each other (kinda)

I am surprised Obama didnt visit Chile and the miners, atleast show some respect, I mean wouldn't you guys agree? or is he too busy fixing our shitty economy?

I saw the entire live video, from the testing the capsule, to removing the 5-6th miner out..

I honestly saw so much happiness in that country compared to ours. Makes me want to cry just now, because of the way our beautiful country is operating like McDonalds making a shit sandwich. You guys all know the 90's era... Good ol days...

Sorry I'm just missing too much of the good times.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: 'Mission accomplished': All 33 miners rescued
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:26:44 am »

Australia cared. But we also made use of the tradgic/hilarity of it with our variety shows.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 02:49:03 am »

Australia cared. But we also made use of the tradgic/hilarity of it with our variety shows.

Ditto for England.

I think it's great and I'm glad to see all of them were rescued, can't imagine how it would have been down there.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:53:15 am »

Bear Grylls whos a guy teaches tv viewers on how to survive, said he wouldnt be able to survive for a month.

I mean if you think about it, they were 33 people. one was a basketball coach, another medical doctor i think?, etc etc.. these guys got togther as a team and said WE WILL NOT GIVE UP!!

I am really impressed on how can one go pass limits of the human body.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 02:54:53 am »

Too bad no one cares about Australia! <3

@osaeed2k9:
America has lost its personal responsibility. The dems in Congress and the White House placate to that fact by instilling more and more government control over our lives and our businesses. It's time to go back to the 90s, back to responsibility, back to pride.

Anyway, Chile is a proud country because they are rather self sufficient, hard working, and isolated. They don't bathe themselves in luxuries, they do what needs to get done and don't fucking bitch about it. Frankly, I don't think 33 American miners would have survived for 69 days in that mine, it's a mentality and a cultural thing.

Kratos

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:43 am »

instilling more and more government control o ver our lives and our businesses. It's time to go back to the 90s, back to responsibility, back to pride.

Anyway, Chile is a proud country because they are rather self sufficient, hard working, and isolated. They don't bathe themselves in luxuries, they do what needs to get done and don't fucking bitch about it. Frankly, I don't think 33 American miners would have survived for 69 days in that mine, it's a mentality and a cultural thing.

QFT brother!

Yes you are so fucking right.. right now im drinking Sprite zero and I cheer you (glass to glass)

I need to make a time machine and turn the nozzle to 1993. Who wants to join the past?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 03:03:12 am »

I need to make a time machine and turn the nozzle to 1993. Who wants to join the past?

I don't think I'd come back to 2010!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 03:39:28 am »

FFFUUUUUUU-
I forgot to tune in to the live feed...

And when Bear Grylls says shit is intense, shit is intense.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 04:21:32 am »

"I mentioned on Twitter how 41 years ago the world watched men walk on the moon," said Connie Preti of New York. "Today we are seeing men come out from the earth. It's equally striking."

Indeed to Connie!

Kratos

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 04:10:31 am »

Try To Rescue All 33 Chilean Miners In This Flash Game

http://gizmodo.com/5665537/try-to-rescue-all-33-chilean-miners-in-this-flash-game

lol, I cant even rescue 4 since my wrists gets tired.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 06:03:49 am »

Too bad no one cares about Australia! <3

+1

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 06:52:53 am »

Actually thats not true, several years ago we had a similar incident where 6 guys were trapped in a way worse situation, and I saw it covered on CNN and.... bush made a statement. No one in australia cared for that part :P

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 01:20:42 pm »

Try To Rescue All 33 Chilean Miners In This Flash Game

http://gizmodo.com/5665537/try-to-rescue-all-33-chilean-miners-in-this-flash-game

lol, I cant even rescue 4 since my wrists gets tired.

Easy with a trackpad.

That end screen makes the 10 minutes worth it. Fuck Yea.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 02:43:00 pm »

niceee i finished it in 9.. you dont actuallly have to do circles.. if you grab the wheel and just move the mouse it only goes one way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up