• Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ammo  (Read 5480 times)

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
Ammo
« on: April 24, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »

Hello, as before I would like to say that I have been enjoying GoldenEye Source and is probably my favourite source mod
(well this and Black Mesa). A tiny thing that I would like to see fixed would be that when you run out of ammo there is a zero next to the bullet while there was nothing on the original. Another thing would be that the Golden Gun doesn't grant an instant kill (even if the person you're shooting at is wearing armor). The last thing that I would like to see fixed would be the headshot hits, I have made some great headshots but there are some circumstances (Baron Samedi and Jaws for example) where even if I shoot them in the head they still won't die (some metal teeth eh?). Well anyway, I hope that most of these things will be fixed in future releases!

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: Ammo
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »

The Golden Gun is always a one shot kill, armored opponent or not.
Headshots aren't broken in any way, only a few weapons kills in one headshot if unarmored: the Cougar Magnum, Silver and Golden PP7, Moonraker Laser, shotguns if close range. These will kill in two headshots if the opponent is armored. Same applies to other guns, Klobb = three headshots to kill if unarmored and six if armored. (This might vary with other guns but it really depends on the health of the opponent and other circumstances, but this will help you count the required headshots to kill)

You're probably not taking into account the invulnerability time, wich means after you hit someone they'll have a short period of invulnerability time (Like in the original game) where they can't take any damage, only the shots that get the hit confrimation sound are the ones that dealt damage. The less health they have, the longer the invulnerability time is. Same for you.

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »

Thanks for the reply I didn't know that there was invulnerability time in the game but I really wish there was the gray thing that came out of the enemy when you shot them to replace the sound.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:26 pm »

The 'thud' sound when you shoot people is confirmation that you did damage, if you don't hear it then they were invulnerable. We can't differentiate impact particle effects on characters based on invulnerability because of engine limitations.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 02:31:27 am »

Also it's a fact that humans recognize visual input far faster then audio.
If we could provide a different particle effect any delay (latency) with it's appeareance would be far more noticable then it is with an audio cue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up