GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:03:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GE_Grid OWS  (Read 19325 times)

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
GE_Grid OWS
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:30:25 pm »

Recreating Grid from Perfect Dark,  Tis started as a classic conversion but now ive decided to just make it a redo.

This is early WIP, lighting and most textures are still in working rough draft and i've just started playing around with including some props.

This Is the first map ive ever done so its been quite the learning process.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:39:50 pm by WatchMyTrace »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE_Grid OWS
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:19:35 pm »

that´s awesome ! grid was one of my favourite levels in perfect dark . thank you very much for your work  :D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 06:38:08 pm »

ZOMG KNEED LAPTAP GUNZ AN FARSITE
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 07:18:25 pm »

Thats looking pretty dang good man.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:23:35 pm »

It sure looks good man... Which reminds me, I have to start doing something with Hammer...

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »

Yeah, I have been diggin this map since he started it. I get so excited when I see that he is in a new build that I just have to jump in and comment. :) Once again scoob, Nice job :D It only gets better from here dude. Can't wait to see the next build and help you find out some lighting issues (simple things that we can talk about later), clipping, and nodraw/texture suggestions. Overall though, it it is a pretty solid map :) Lovin' it!

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:23:19 pm »

Been tweaking the lighting a bit more, included some player clip to keep people from getting hung up in certain areas, improved the look of the stairs.  Elevator still needs tweaking (when i feel like getting around to it).

I really wanted to be able to put armor in the elevator because as it is now its just a deathtrap i could see people avoiding it at all costs if there was no real reason to take it. kraid suggested i include some kind of vent system between the two floors that could only be accessed through the elevator, but this idea raises a whole lot of new problems. 

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 08:25:14 pm »

Need my laptop gun(s) and my neutron bombs.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Seiya

• WNxJúlioCésar
  • Agent
  • Seiya has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:01 pm »

The screenshots are looking very good! I can't wait to play in Grids.

The elevator is indeed a problem. :/ Hope you can get over it.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 03:02:18 am »

Fixed problems with being able to open the elevator door while it was moving.

I'm trying to make it so that when the button is pressed and the elevator is called it will then automatically start moving in the opposite direction after a delay, so that when called you dont have to press the button again to get it moving.

As it stands I have the button set to the following in order to get it to come:

On pressed
Elevator
Start Forward

Ive tried adding an additonal output to the button:

On pressed
elevator
Start Reverse
delay of 14sec

It doesnt seem to be working, but i dont think it would be what i want anyway because if the button were presssed and the elevator was already there it would send it up then automatically back down.

I dont know if I'm making a whole lotta sense here lol.

What i need is something that goes like this:

On pressed
If elevator is up
Send Down
Then Back up After Delay of XX

and,

On Pressed
If elevator is down
Send up

Any Ides?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:08:18 am by WatchMyTrace »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 03:10:02 am »

at least you used rounded corners for the most part.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »

wtf sharp? What kind of response was that to his question dude hahahah Sorry trace, I can't help you but somebody is bound to know here. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:04:07 am »

lol i didnt even read the question lol. I don't bother with elevators ever. Make the elevator static with the roof open with access to the elevator shaft via a ladder, problem solved.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 05:28:06 am »

um....... yeah

I don't really understand what you getting at

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 06:18:47 am »

How do i post a video like frenfam4life did for his Bunker map?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up