GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:10:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LTK, MWGG... Various issues...  (Read 22812 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: LTK, MWGG... Various issues...
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 12:06:00 am »

It should be played with Automatics. But everyone runs it with silly things like Tacitcal Nukes and BFG900s instead.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:29 am »

Silently understanding nukes are nice.

Personally I like playing MWGG with Remote Mines because it forces the AuGunner to keep a safe distance. Both Remote Mines and Automatics work, but absolutely not Random.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 12:16:50 am »

lol

That's the problem; the AuG holder shouldn't be the target of bullies.  The guy with remotes should be hauling ass and setting a trap.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 05:34:39 am »

As you guys have pointed out numerous times, I guess most of the blame for poor game-play belongs to server owners and the various ways they set up their server, and the fact that most people need to re-learn how to play GoldenEye (me included).

Anyway, great job guys. I was truly surprised by how great the mod is. I'll probably be playing everyday. Most of my dreams the last few nights have been of me playing it :D. Haha.

By the way, is there any chance on resetting my Rep on the forums back to 0 or at least to -1? I got that -2 because about a year and a half ago I came on here to basically call all of you incompetent morons, and was talking out of my ass about mod development. I really am sorry about that.

But I've been decently tolerable so far, haven't I? :) I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on the game, but at least I'm making an effort here.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 05:40:33 am »

There I repped you ;-) Maybe someone else will listen to your plea

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 06:34:19 am »

By the way, is there any chance on resetting my Rep on the forums back to 0 or at least to -1? I got that -2 because about a year and a half ago I came on here to basically call all of you incompetent morons, and was talking out of my ass about mod development. I really am sorry about that.

lol +1 for being honest haha no big deal mate your a reformed criminal now haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 10:08:43 am »

As you guys have pointed out numerous times, I guess most of the blame for poor game-play belongs to server owners and the various ways they set up their server, and the fact that most people need to re-learn how to play GoldenEye (me included).

Anyway, great job guys. I was truly surprised by how great the mod is. I'll probably be playing everyday. Most of my dreams the last few nights have been of me playing it :D. Haha.

But I've been decently tolerable so far, haven't I? :) I'm probably not the best person to give feedback on the game, but at least I'm making an effort here.

I'll quote it all because it deserves.

It is only up to the players and the servers providers to make MWGG playable as it should be. It is not the devs fault; as it isn't VALVe's fault that rockespamming happens in TF2 (quite annoying btw, specially for snipers). They provide us the game and we do what we want with it.

+1 for honesty.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 11:10:51 am »

Haha. Positive Rep. Yay!

I just played some Team DM and Team YOLT. It's really hard to tell who is friend or foe from long distances, being out of your radar. This is especially annoying on large open maps like cradle or runway. Are you guys planning on putting in some Team icons above player's heads, or something like that?

Also, at times on large maps it's really hard to tell where you are being hit from. Need some sort of rough indicator for that.

I don't know if it's the server settings being on Random weapon set, or if it was just a particular set on it's own, but it seems like the Golden Gun, Golden PP7, and proximity mines show up way too often. It really sucks the fun out of everything, especially if there is a lot of people. Are you going to take down the chance of those weapons appearing in Random sets?

How does the weapon set stuff work anyway? What are the default sets? Are there custom sets? Is there a way to set it to cycle through particular sets throughout the rounds of the match? Can someone give me a brief explanation if it's not too much trouble?

I'm sure you guys are already fully aware of these things. And I'm sure other people have already mentioned them. I haven't really found the time to browse through all the forums (I'm just lazy, actually). But I will eventually. Heh.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:14:51 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2009, 11:34:31 am »

How does the weapon set stuff work anyway? What are the default sets? Are there custom sets? Is there a way to set it to cycle through particular sets throughout the rounds of the match? Can someone give me a brief explanation if it's not too much trouble?

Server default is Random weapon set (which loads random weapons for all the slots). But a server admin can set the weapon set to anything they want, in sort of two ways:

1.  They can use the weapon sets from the Original Goldeneye (aka Slappers Only, Automatics, Power Weapons, ect)

2. They can make there own custom weapon set, and set what weapons will spawn in the set, example:

Code: [Select]
"HELL"
{
"print_name" "Hell on Earth"
"weapons"
{
"1" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"2" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"3" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"4" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"5" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"6" "PROXIMITYMINE"
"7" "PROXIMITYMINE"
}
}

Which would have proxies as all the weapons.

To set the weapon set ingame its a simple command for the admin: ge_weaponset HELL    (which would load the above weaponset)

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Question about LTK... and various issues...
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2009, 06:33:13 pm »

Hello everyone !

1. I want to say that you´re doing amazing work and that I´m veeeeery impressed by all this retro-mod-goldeneye-fun-action-stuff. It seems like my old wishes became true.

2. I´ve played the beta 3 version and I believe the Beatles-Guy is right about the MWTGG-thing and you should think about his suggestion:

What about making it so that you can only get points when killing with the Golden Gun (AND killing the MWGG)? That way people will have no choice but to go for it if they want to win. And it makes going for anyone else useless except for still allowing the necessity of killing other people for strategic reasons.

There are too many people concentrating about killing the people without using the golden gun, ´cause for the points in your game-statistic it doesn´t matter if you kill them with the golden gun or not. And that´s a big problem for this gamemode.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:59 pm »

Thanks major.

Deathmatch... Golden Guns and Gold/Silver PP7 everywhere... all the time... nearly always.

Might as well just play LTK. :(

If most people are just going to leave it set on Random, you need to make those not show up on the Random weapon set... or not as often... or something.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:26:48 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 12:05:38 am »

We have already taken care of it, stay tuned for the details of it in official announcement updates and the patch should be next week sometime we are aiming for!

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 06:05:04 pm »

Awesomeness.

Anyway, you guys probably have more important things to worry about at this point, but please humor me...

I don't know if anyone has said anything before, but isn't SOME glass really hard to break?

I just tested it out a little on the Control and Stack maps. Most weapons take 3 - 10 hits to break it. Is this bullet-resistant glass? Do shots go through it? Was it this way in the original?

Don't you think a shotgun should shatter glass in one hit, not three (the small, not very think glass on stack)? The strength of the glass is generally annoying, especially if all you have is slappers and you're running for your life.

And I assume the strength of the glass depends on it's thickness or size, or some other factor?

Because those on stack will break with three Slaps, while the non-curved glass on Control will break in 7 slaps, and the curved glass on control will never break no matter how many times you slap it (well, I got up to 100, then got tired, hehe).

I also struck a small pane on control 100 times with a knife, and no shattering...

Glass shouldn't be so annoying, hehe.

Not very important I guess, but I like coming on here and saying things, haha.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 06:20:27 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 06:57:25 pm »

Some things simply don't shatter; others take a really long time to. In Beta 1.1 the glass on Library (and consequentially on stack) was easy to break. You'd do it with like 3 shots from the KF7. In Control all the glass would break, with the exception of the one existent in the cantine section, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:14:10 pm by PPK »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 01:12:48 am »

Glass toughness is something we need to standardize.  It hasn't been touched since before we altered weapon strengths and damage calculations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up