GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:33:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dick Tracy  (Read 5151 times)

Glactimaticus

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Glactimaticus has no influence.
Dick Tracy
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »

You know... It's weird but I've been thinking about that old detective a lot recently. For a while I was thinking it should be Rocksteady's next project when they're done with Batman... but I actually think it has potential as a spiritual successor to the GoldenEye formula. You have this semi-fictional world, a special gadget watch, plenty of gun play with Noire-era weapons, and what could be considered one of the most colorful casts of characters short of the Batman rogues gallery.

I figured I should bring it up to you guys. You did such a good job tapping into the nostalgic side of GoldenEye and you brought back the old formula in such a great way. Have you thought about what's next for the team? Have you considered doing an actual commercial game together? I'm willing to bet that the right to such a game would be dirt cheap. Can you imagine a GoldenEye style game set in a Noire setting and deathmath with characters like Dick, The Blank, Prune Face, Lips Manliss, Flat Top, Little Face and so on? GoldenEye style missions but focussing more on detective work instead of espionage?

Would love a little discussion on the subject, any ideas. It started as a sort of shower thought but over time something really cool grew in my head and I had to put it out there.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Dick Tracy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:50:16 pm »

Interesting ideas!

Glactimaticus

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Glactimaticus has no influence.
Re: Dick Tracy
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:30:30 am »

Interesting ideas!

Glad you think so. I might try and throw something together to better pitch the idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up