GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:05:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fight Congress on internet censorship  (Read 7141 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Fight Congress on internet censorship
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:41:35 pm »

Send in Chuck Norris! ...oh wait hes a republican ;)

Send common sense damnit http://www.mozilla.org/sopa/?WT.mc_id=strike

https://blacklists.eff.org/
This is where you 'strike' against the votes being cast. I guess public outcry could sway votes is the thinking? Whatever it is do your part. I don't live in america I cant do nothing :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:46:45 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Fight Congress on internet censorship
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »

Signed the EFF petition. Only so much I can do. >_> *frustrated*
Be sure to spread word through your Twitterbooks n' whatnot.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:30 am »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 02:43:56 am »

It's not going to pass. Not because it's idiotic (which it is), or because it's unconstitutional (which it is), or because the majority is against it (which they are).

But because it's merely just an assertion of power. A panic-mongerers wet dream. A distraction from the monotony of not having much to worry about. It's The Man's way of bringing you to the edge of your seat and threatening to swipe it from under you.

Yes, it's to be concerned about because there are real people who are sincerely backing it as a piece of legislation. But if the government really wanted to pass controversial legislation, you wouldn't even be hearing about it, it would just be done and not publicised. The only reason any of us know what SOPA and PIPA are are because there are large powers against it.

It doesn't have a chance. I'm not concerned.

Then again maybe I'll eat my words and it gets passed and I can sit back and watch protests and rioting that will make Occupy Movement look like a buddhist picnic.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:45:56 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 03:56:02 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYebWcBrmZ8&feature=g-all-u&context=G24b5165FAAAAAAAACAA

Less than an hour, but if anyone manages to see this before time is up, follow his instructions.
Corporate rendition. Never thought I'd hear those together.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:12:44 am by Rodney 1.666 »
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »

Barack needs to continue being a man of the people like this decision implies.

VETO any stupid bills mr hawaii

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »

Barack needs to continue being a man of the people

Wake, are you fucking kidding me? Nothing Barack does is "for the people." We haven't had a president that did stuff "for the people" since Reagan.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »

This is why I can't stand talking about politics. Even if SOPA and PIPA get shot down, there will be another ridiculous bill introduced to Congress before you know it. Perhaps even more ridiculous. I'd go on about my feelings for the legislative branch of government, but it's too early in the day for that for me.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:48 pm »

This is what happens when you have a society in which money = power.

Obama is nothing but a puppet. A novelty puppet.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »

Moar details, moar back-story and moar disgusting hypocrisy (you'll see why) here.
Almost thinking this stuff should go in its own thread, because it's going further than censorship.

~Edit for parenthesis.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:58:14 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up