GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:14:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Mines Next to Other Mines  (Read 4307 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
[BUG] Mines Next to Other Mines
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:43 am »

I am not sure if this was implemented or not, but in Goldeneye64 you were able to throw a mine (such as a proximity mine) right next to the other one and it would cause it to blow up. Whenever I throw them in source and they are in the vicinity, they don't blow up like they should. Is this a bug or was it just a feature that wasn't added?

Thanks

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: [BUG] Mines Next to Other Mines
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:30:33 am »

I think this as a parallel with the ammo boxes and other objects. In the original if you threw something at a proxy, it would blow up, whether it was another mine, an ammo box, anything. IN GE:S it doesn't happen; it only blows up if a person passes nearby.

I think this problem has already been addressed, if I'm not mistaken.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:45:45 am »

I notced on certain surfaces different types mines next to each other do not blow up each other up.  lay some proxies thehor some remote mines next to them and finally tiemd mines, the onyl ones that blew up were the timed mines the rest were intact  I forget what map it was though.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:58:27 am »

What you mentioned is also one of the problems inherent to the situation bklax described. Only mines of the same type are capable of blowing themselves up.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:07:29 pm »

i hate redundant posts...this needs to be moved and/or locked

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »

Locked.

PP7, you're on notice.

I definately want Proxies to detect other tossables.  That would make throwing knives useful as anti-proxy tech, too.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up