GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:39:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted  (Read 45998 times)

L. Spiro

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!
GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:36:30 am »

After making my original GoldenEye 007 recordings I started on Perfect Dark and it was impossible to finish at the time because of how many manual patches I had to make to the MIDI files and other things, which is why the Perfect Dark set has been sitting there stale. Plus I was not sure why certain problems were present (the flat orchestra hit that trillions of people have mentioned was because of a wrong sample, but there were other issues with the balances between instruments, panning, etc.)

I decided to expand and practice making these recordings on other games and then revisit GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark after I had both a proper pipeline in place and experience to help me solve these issues and produce better results.

My new GoldenEye 007 set blows the previous one away in all aspects. If you have the previous set around you will be able to very quickly hear how far I have come over the last 2 years. I have made over 1,000 recordings since then and it shows in this new set.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E

And now I have a bunch of other games also all recorded with the same quality:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists

So far there is:
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Killer Instinct Gold
GoldenEye 007

Coming VERY soon (in this order):
Diddy Kong Racing ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727OwZvkCbzk4zhHish0rt1DX
Mario Kart 64 ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727N0kvUyaQ8bVsEw7PKIfZYi
Perfect Dark ** IN-PROGRESS.

Coming later:
Blast Corps ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727P409h_v2pItgObGSMxdZ1A
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Waverace 64
Conker's Bad Fur Day (maybe)
Banjo-Kazooie ** DONE: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727OWhQxTNtrJFWvan9ENsowK
Pilotwings 64 (maybe—I have been unsuccessful in reaching out to Dan Hess so far)
More!

This is now a long-term project of mine to remake the OST's from many games in high quality. I plan on lots of games and may take requests at some point.
I also may do games from other systems later.

For now, enjoy!

L. Spiro
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:59:48 pm by L. Spiro »

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Re: GoldenEye 007 Music Revisted
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:26:47 am »

This is excellent man. Do you have a place to download this in all its high quality glory?

L. Spiro

• Agent
  • L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!L. Spiro is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 05:48:25 am »

Not yet, but soon.  Have had to skip Perfect Dark for a bit and am currently on Banjo-Kazooie.  There are over 200 songs to record here so I will be stuck here for a while.
So when I find some down time I will prepare a lossless download.  I’m guessing the main one you want is GoldenEye 007?

L. Spiro

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 06:25:14 am »

Not yet, but soon.  Have had to skip Perfect Dark for a bit and am currently on Banjo-Kazooie.  There are over 200 songs to record here so I will be stuck here for a while.
So when I find some down time I will prepare a lossless download.  I’m guessing the main one you want is GoldenEye 007?

L. Spiro

Yes, that would be the one.

L. Spiro

• Agent

Captain George

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Captain George has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 02:10:49 pm »

You're doing great work L.Spiro. The quality is insane. Keep it up, and I look forward to hearing the rest!

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 12:32:18 am »

Thank you.
A small update since it has been a while.

Perfect Dark is a unique set and I modified my tools for it.  Song #93 introduced me to a bug in my tools so I started over.
Last weekend I was at song #86 when I found another reason to start over.

This will be the final restart and the whole set should be up this weekend.
The Perfect Dark set will be uploaded using a new style for the videos.

You can preview Alien Conflict:
And Maian Tears:

All of the Perfect Dark videos will have this title-screen effect in HD (with the name and title in the upper and lower letterbox area so that they can easily be blacked out if you want to watch just the effects), and the observant observer may observe that yes, the title-screen effects are different between the videos, just as they are each time you turn on Perfect Dark.

What does everyone think about this direction for the Perfect Dark set?

L. Spiro

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 02:58:47 am »

I am spending a lot more time on Perfect Dark than I ever imagined, but the results are turning out great.

Today I uploaded the first “source” recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYZaL026Vk&index=66&list=PLWsnao9n727P409h_v2pItgObGSMxdZ1A
This means that it uses the actual source that was sampled to create the in-game sample for that song.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 02:13:24 am »

Just to give an update, since progress on Perfect Dark appears to have stopped while new OST’s are being uploaded.
Perfect Dark is done recording (with over 110 songs to upload), but I have larger plans for the videos and some equipment is on its way.

I will be traveling abroad to undergo a significant life-altering surgery next week.  I don’t have the equipment to make the Perfect Dark videos how I want them and instead of making a quick set to be replaced later I have decided to use this time to get in as many small and simple OST’s as I can.

So for the moment I may or may not upload another small OST, then 2 weeks of silence as I recover, followed by Perfect Dark and then business as usual.  Note that GoldenEye 007 will actually be redone one final time (no other OST’s are currently slated to be redone).

L. Spiro
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:30:32 am by L. Spiro »

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 05:02:18 am »

Just an update:
Complications after surgery have caused-
Keeping it simple.

I will die if I get an airplane as of now.  I am trying to recover just enough to get back to America, but there is a slight possibly that all of my work ends here.

I am afraid to say that I can't upload anything from here, so if I die then what is on the YouTube channel will be the end of it.  I will not be able to get my Perfect Dark recordings out.  They will die with me, to my greatest sadness and regret.

We have a plan to get me back to America, so please do not worry too much.  This is to eliminate confusion if I disappear.  People should know why the site might go dead.

That's all, and thank you all for enjoying them.  That's all I needed to feel fulfilled.

L. Spiro

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam Account
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 05:07:28 am »

Just an update:
Complications after surgery have caused-
Keeping it simple.

I will die if I get an airplane as of now.  I am trying to recover just enough to get back to America, but there is a slight possibly that all of my work ends here.

I am afraid to say that I can't upload anything from here, so if I die then what is on the YouTube channel will be the end of it.  I will not be able to get my Perfect Dark recordings out.  They will die with me, to my greatest sadness and regret.

We have a plan to get me back to America, so please do not worry too much.  This is to eliminate confusion if I disappear.  People should know why the site might go dead.

That's all, and thank you all for enjoying them.  That's all I needed to feel fulfilled.

L. Spiro

Rest well, and don't overexert yourself. We hope you get better.

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 08:37:13 pm »

GoldenEye 007 redone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E (same link as before).
It was re-recorded with the same settings as Perfect Dark so as to make them a consistent set.

The equipment I need for the Perfect Dark videos does not work and there will be no service until Monday.

The Mario Kart 64 set has been redone (link above is still valid).
While listening to all my songs during my 2-week trip to South Korea I couldn’t stand how muffled the Mario Kart 64 set was. I couldn’t tolerate listening to any of them, including Victory Lap, which is a very important song for me to enjoy—it’s one of the best in video-game history.

If I can’t stand my own recording of Victory Lap, there is a problem.

But as it turns out the Mario Kart 64 OST itself simply is muddy and muffled.

Enough of that crap. The world deserves better.

So the above (first post) Mario Kart 64 link will take you to my redone set.
Compare it to the game, CD release, or any other recording from the actual Mario Kart 64 OST and you will find a lack of mud and muffle, instead replaced with crispness, clarity, and brightness.

Enjoy that Rainbow Road and Victory Lap, for the first time ever this crisp, clear, and bright.

This was all done in a 33-hour marathon after returning back to America.
Time for sleep.

L. Spiro

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam Account
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 03:39:09 am »

GoldenEye 007 redone: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E (same link as before).
It was re-recorded with the same settings as Perfect Dark so as to make them a consistent set.

The equipment I need for the Perfect Dark videos does not work and there will be no service until Monday.

The Mario Kart 64 set has been redone (link above is still valid).
While listening to all my songs during my 2-week trip to South Korea I couldn’t stand how muffled the Mario Kart 64 set was. I couldn’t tolerate listening to any of them, including Victory Lap, which is a very important song for me to enjoy—it’s one of the best in video-game history.

If I can’t stand my own recording of Victory Lap, there is a problem.

But as it turns out the Mario Kart 64 OST itself simply is muddy and muffled.

Enough of that crap. The world deserves better.

So the above (first post) Mario Kart 64 link will take you to my redone set.
Compare it to the game, CD release, or any other recording from the actual Mario Kart 64 OST and you will find a lack of mud and muffle, instead replaced with crispness, clarity, and brightness.

Enjoy that Rainbow Road and Victory Lap, for the first time ever this crisp, clear, and bright.

This was all done in a 33-hour marathon after returning back to America.
Time for sleep.

L. Spiro

It sounds a lot better man. Keep up the good work. Do you have a download link for this set of GoldenEye 007?

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 08:18:32 am »

(I am a woman.)

The link for the FLAC should be around here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3byjdxkqhr5lf3a/GoldenEye%20007.rar?dl=0

Mario Kart 64 FLAC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi2s72oy6nl159h/Mario%20Kart%2064.rar?dl=0
These will not be permanent links so get the while you can.

L. Spiro

L. Spiro

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 08:17:40 am »

UPDATE:
Silo X has been updated and is not in the download pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XcK08ZSc0&index=15&list=PLWsnao9n727PT17V5AzCkZYEQqeuVm01E

The previous version sounded like hell on the ears:

L. Spiro
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:52:25 am by L. Spiro »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up