GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 09:06:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mods vanished from steam server browser  (Read 7761 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Mods vanished from steam server browser
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:36:41 am »

Yesterday i did a clean reinstallation of steam because i recently upgraded my HDD space and had to reorganize partitions.
After the reinstallation of steam using the installer, i put back in all the games and mods, then launched steam.
Now everything was fine up and running again, except that i cannot find any mod inside the server browser filter settings.

A few servers are still listed in favorites and history but for a full list of servers i had to load the mod and browse from ingame.
Now i'd like to know if anyone else is having this issue and if someone knows a fix for it.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Mods vanished from steam server browser
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 04:29:52 pm »

And it's also no longer possible to join a game from a friend's game info. And I'm sure it's affecteing everyone, or at least those who installed Steam recently.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:04:31 am »

According to a mojang post there was a security issue called Heartbleed that had effected 2/3 of the internet, so they shut down all their servers yesterday in order to update them with better security, maybe steam did the same. Because it's untraceable, mojang recommended that everyone change their passwords to every account on every website, or game or whatever you own if you can because you won't know if someone got one of your passwords until they use it. Stupid Google won't let me change my YouTube/Google+ password so if that one was seen then I'll be fucked. :'(
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:26:01 am »

That's not anything to do with this at all...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:27:55 am by soupcan »

Lord_Crow

• I sell stamps and stamp accessories.
  • Agent
  • Lord_Crow barely matters.Lord_Crow barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »

According to a mojang post there was a security issue called Heartbleed that had effected 2/3 of the internet, so they shut down all their servers yesterday in order to update them with better security, maybe steam did the same. Because it's untraceable, mojang recommended that everyone change their passwords to every account on every website, or game or whatever you own if you can because you won't know if someone got one of your passwords until they use it. Stupid Google won't let me change my YouTube/Google+ password so if that one was seen then I'll be fucked. :'(

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »

Irrelevant to Kraids problem.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 10:11:39 pm »

Oh um look at the time, I have to um...um.....*makes up bad excuse and runs away*
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:38:22 pm »

And it's also no longer possible to join a game from a friend's game info. And I'm sure it's affecteing everyone, or at least those who installed Steam recently.
While it's not possible to join from a friend directly from the right-click context menu, it is possible to view their game info and join from that dialog instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up