GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:20:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up gesource on CentOS Linux 6.3  (Read 12547 times)

malomodo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • malomodo has no influence.
Setting up gesource on CentOS Linux 6.3
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:11:27 pm »

Now I am not entirely new to setting up srcds but can't seem to get this one running. I rent my server from host. I followed wiki, etc but can't seem to get it started up. I have tried starting with srcds_run as per documentation as well as srcds_linux and srcds_i486. I have checked to make sure everything is in right place. Now to be sure all files need I uploaded NMRIH server to same setup and it started up without problems using i486.

Any suggestions? I have tried to enable logging but never gets that far.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Setting up gesource on CentOS Linux 6.3
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »

Wait for KillerMonkey, He'll advise you correctly :)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »

Is the srcds_run marked executable? You shouldn't start the server with anything but srcds_run. Make sure you are supplying the "-game" tag properly.

I can't help any further without a console output of some sort or and explicit listing of commands used.

malomodo

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »

Is the srcds_run marked executable? You shouldn't start the server with anything but srcds_run. Make sure you are supplying the "-game" tag properly.

I can't help any further without a console output of some sort or and explicit listing of commands used.

Ok so I have been in contact with my host.

"Seems the mod was built for a 32 OS and specifically Ubuntu. You may want to ask in that forum in regards to CentOS 64 bit. That's what we run"

./srcds_run -debug -game gesource -tickrate 66 +fps_max 600 -secure +alias sys_ticrate locked +alias max_fps locked +exec server.cfg +ip xxx.178.55.xx +port 27015 +maxplayers 16 +map ge_runway +alias malo_3
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
Enabling debug mode
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Running a benchmark to measure system clock frequency...
Finished RDTSC test. To prevent the startup delay from this benchmark, set the environment variable RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 3192.000000 on this system. This value is dependent upon the CPU clock speed and architecture and should be determined separately for each server. The use of this mechanism for timing can be disabled by setting RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 'disabled'.
Using breakpad minidump system
Using breakpad crash handler

Console initialized.
./srcds_run: line 372: 26730 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
cat: hlds.26720.pid: No such file or directory
email debug.log to linux@valvesoftware.com
Mon Sep 10 15:08:51 CDT 2012: Server restart in 10 seconds
Running a benchmark to measure system clock frequency...
Finished RDTSC test. To prevent the startup delay from this benchmark, set the environment variable RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 3192.000000 on this system. This value is dependent upon the CPU clock speed and architecture and should be determined separately for each server. The use of this mechanism for timing can be disabled by setting RDTSC_FREQUENCY to 'disabled'.
Using breakpad minidump system
Using breakpad crash handler

Console initialized.
./srcds_run: line 372: 26744 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
cat: hlds.26720.pid: No such file or directory
Mon Sep 10 15:09:07 CDT 2012: Server restart in 10 seconds

Does this info help any?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:26 am »

Add

-debug

to the command line. Sorry forgot to have you do that before.

32 vs 64 bit shouldn't be an issue. Any 64-bit OS virtualizes 32-bit processes (like WoW64 for Windows). The problem will lie in making sure you have the proper 32-bit libraries to support the mod and srcds.

NMRIH is a steam hosted mod, correct? It does not run off of the Orange Box Engine (Source SDK Base 2007)?

malomodo

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 03:29:26 am »

Regarding the debug:

./srcds_run -debug -game gesource - looks like he did that. I will ask tomorrow if more output. Looks like there was a debug.log

I gave him the link to this thread: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,5836.msg62066.html#msg62066 which I believe is what you are referring to? He said he would look at it tomorrow.

NMRIH = No More Room in Hell and no you can't download it via Steam (HL2 mod). And yes I believe it is as per wikipeia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Room_in_Hell

Not that it really matters but have had another hl2 mod running same set up called Fistful of Frags https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Fistful_of_Frags. So was a little disappointed when Gesource it didn't want to seem to start. I am really impressed with it. My fist impression was excellent. Hoping I can get a server up as can probably get some community members playing it as well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:31:46 am by malomodo »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

Well 4.2 removes the libcurl requirement since I baked it into the .so this time around.

I would need to know what is causing / leading up to the segfault in order to direct you further. It may just be a bad install. Please make sure he is running v4.2.2

malomodo

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:26 pm »

Yeah I will try uploading server files again...just to be sure. This is the link to latest FULL version:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/downloads/goldeneye-source-v42-server-zip

then patch with http://update.geshl2.com/installer/GoldenEye_Source_v4.2.2_server_patch.zip.

Correct?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 03:28:32 am »

correct

Misfire

• Agent
  • Misfire has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:46 pm »

I can confirm the same issue with CentOS 6.3, gesource doesn't launch and causes seg fault.  I've tested cs and tf2 and they work fine.

Console initialized.
./srcds_run: line 372:  1492 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
cat: hlds.1462.pid: No such file or directory
Mon Oct  1 03:10:01 MSD 2012: Server restart in 10 seconds
Mon Oct  1 03:10:04 MSD 2012: Server Quit

debug.log

----------------------------------------------
CRASH: Mon Oct  1 03:10:01 MSD 2012
Start Line: ./srcds_linux -game gesource -debug +map ge_cradle
End of Source crash report
----------------------------------------------

hosted dump file here: http://www.chenzen.org/downloads/core.19907

hope this helps!

found another person with same issue here.

http://forums.asmallorange.com/topic/16831-running-a-source-dedicated-server-with-centos-aso-cloud-vps/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:14:20 am by Misfire »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 12:16:48 am »

Just because CS and TF2 work does not mean anything.

They run on completely different binaries, and I am not talking about the server_i486.so, they run on different engines and different dedicated server backends.

I believe someone elses solution was to make sure they had the "orangebox" game installed via the steam executable.

I believe the command is: steam command update "orangebox"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:18:31 am by killermonkey »

Misfire

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 12:51:08 am »

Just because CS and TF2 work does not mean anything.

They run on completely different binaries, and I am not talking about the server_i486.so, they run on different engines and different dedicated server backends.

I believe someone elses solution was to make sure they had the "orangebox" game installed via the steam executable.

I believe the command is: steam command update "orangebox"

orangebox was the only game I installed initially, I only installed other games after to test those. 

I have also wiped the OS and redid it, same result, that is with "./steam -command update -game "orangebox" -dir srcds_l"

new dump with orangebox srcds_run: www.chenzen.org/downloads/core.19907
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:13:40 am by Misfire »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 01:29:15 am »

I am gonna be honest, linux dumps are worthless. I really can't help you, centOS is not supported by Valve or us. Suggest using Ubuntu if you can. This could be a simple missing library.

Have you run: ldd server_i486.so ??

If not, try that, might lead you to whats missing.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Linux_dedicated_server#Requirements

Misfire

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 04:51:53 am »

I am gonna be honest, linux dumps are worthless. I really can't help you, centOS is not supported by Valve or us. Suggest using Ubuntu if you can. This could be a simple missing library.

Have you run: ldd server_i486.so ??

If not, try that, might lead you to whats missing.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Linux_dedicated_server#Requirements

Well I give up.  I gave Ubuntu 11.10 a go as well and the same EXACT thing happens.  You're probably right about missing library or something.  My provider's minimal images probably have something that old orangebox engine needs.

EDIT: scratch that!! I was missing libssl0.9.8, after installing that it worked!! Thanks. :D :D

ldd gave me this.

server_i486.so:
   libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xb67ff000)
   libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xb67fa000)
   libz.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0xb67e4000)
   libutil.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libutil.so.1 (0xb67e0000)
   libssl.so.0.9.8 => not found
   librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xb67d7000)
   libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libldap_r-2.4.so.2 (0xb6786000)
   tier0_i486.so => not found
   vstdlib_i486.so => not found
   steam_api_i486.so => not found
   libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb669a000)
   libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb667c000)
   libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xb64fd000)
   /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f7d000)
   libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xb64e2000)
   liblber-2.4.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2 (0xb64d3000)
   libresolv.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libresolv.so.2 (0xb64bc000)
   libsasl2.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2 (0xb64a1000)
   libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xb6462000)
   libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26 (0xb63b2000)
   libgcrypt.so.11 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.11 (0xb632d000)
   libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5.so.3 (0xb6264000)
   libk5crypto.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libk5crypto.so.3 (0xb623b000)
   libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcom_err.so.2 (0xb6236000)
   libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkrb5support.so.0 (0xb622d000)
   libtasn1.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtasn1.so.3 (0xb621b000)
   libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0xb6216000)
   libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libkeyutils.so.1 (0xb6212000)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:55:52 am by Misfire »

Misfire

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 05:00:49 am »

Digging even deeper into why this happens, newer linux versions updated libssl.so.0.9.8 to libssl.so.10.  the newest version should be backward compatible, so create a symbolic link to it and srcds should run gesource just fine :D

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:08:55 am by Misfire »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up