GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:50:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] Engine error, could not load library client  (Read 11177 times)

Methtimezzz

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Methtimezzz has no influence.
[ISSUE] Engine error, could not load library client
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:46:21 am »

I have redownloaded GE:source and SDK source 2007 several times and every time I try to launch the game I get this error. I have tried redownloading all microsoft C++ visual packages, as well as changing the gameinfo.txt file within the mod itself. Every fix I have tried leads to the mod crashing and freezing my computer further or feeding me the same error. What is causing this issue?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE] Engine error, could not load library client
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 03:55:13 am »

It means your .dll files for the mod, and possibly other files are corrupted, incomplete or missing. There is no way to fix this but a fresh install. One of the following things possibly happened:

You didn't have sufficient hard drive space to install the game. If you try to install without enough space the install will not complete correctly. You need 10GB free, preferably more.

OR

You have a corrupted download from a slow download server. In this case it's recommended you redownload from the Torrent and disable your anti-virus realtime protection when installing.

It is also possible that your anti-virus may have interfered with the install process.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: [1]   Go Up