GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:30:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: DuClare Chateau Remake (from Deus Ex)  (Read 29739 times)

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
Re: DuClare Chateau Remake (from Deus Ex)
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 12:08:03 pm »

It was fun playing on it and I really like how it looks right now. I'm looking forward to it!

Lord_Crow

• I sell stamps and stamp accessories.
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Lord_Crow barely matters.Lord_Crow barely matters.
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 02:41:32 pm »

This is going to be good.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

Great work Adrian! This really is one of the highest quality community maps we've ever had, and certainly the best in recent memory.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kiihhu

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kiihhu has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 07:54:58 pm »

Wow, the map looks awesome! :] I hope I'll be in the right place in the right time to be able to try it as soon as it is released! :D

If you're still decorating the map, the long corridors with hardwood flooring could benefit from some kind long carpets instead of small(ish) patches (I like carpets :)). Just a thought. It's been years since I completed Deus Ex, so can't remember how the map is supposed to look like, though.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 04:58:21 am »

One thing i would change: the hedges.
They're to brush like with hard edge.

Example: hedge.vmf

Made with displacements, subdivide and noise.

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 06:35:11 am »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone :)

@ Kraid: I agree 110%, that the hedges would look much better as displacements. I really appreciate you sharing that, but unfortunately I basically hit the displacement limit with my sloppy approach to the mountains in the skybox (I have 2042/2048). I know exactly what I need to do to optimize their setup and how to cut it down from 2,000 displacements to a much more reasonable number, but that's an undertaking I'm not ready to make just yet. I especially don't want to change it because I spent two weeks changing and tweaking the skybox until I was satisfied. I will definitely keep this in mind, though, for the next release of the map. Thank you!
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 11:32:06 pm »

Release day is tomorrow! Woo! So we're going to play on the Traitor's Gate server around 2:00 PM EST.

If you need to convert to your timezone, go here and select your country/city in the drop down box.

And here's the server's IP: 205.234.159.234:27015

Hope to see you there!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014, 12:56:51 am »

I finish working at 3:00 PM EST, hopefully the game will be still up. You did it friend!

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 09:44:48 pm »

We had a very successful release party. Thank you everyone who joined!

After four months, I finally did it! I couldn't tell you how many hours it took, but every minute I spent working on this was well worth it. I have never, in my life, had such positive reception to my work. I really appreciate you guys supporting me all the way to the end!

Release thread

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up