GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 06:09:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KUDUS & VALLIANT EFFORT!!! GE SOURCE TEAM = JOB WELL DONE  (Read 2941 times)

sir_frags

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sir_frags has no influence.
KUDUS & VALLIANT EFFORT!!! GE SOURCE TEAM = JOB WELL DONE
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:32 pm »

Glad you guys didn't thow in the towel and some of you stuck around for the long haul. The game is really rocking now. It's so fun now it's making me want to put my low grav server back up . . . .hehehehe, I know you old-school purists hated that and you hated me letting the players spawn with all the weapons and full armor LOL!

Anyway, I've mentioned it a year ago and I'll say it again...still don't see a Donate button. Hey, you guys deserve donations, really . . .at least to help pay for your forum. I remember someone said valve wouldn't allow you to take donations, but that can't be correct if you use the money for your forum and probably not right even if you use the money toward hosting a server for the game. Anyway, you can send me your paypal email address if you have one, because nothing says thank you like a little money :)

Kudus to all you GE Source teams (some of whom I do not even recognize now because you are new) but I know map making and mod building is a thankless task. I know from experience how much work you guys have put into this, and alot of kids out there don't realize you do this for free. So, at least from this source mapper and pc gamer, I sincerely thank you for the amount of time you've spent on this mod and I applaud your valliant efforts to keep this mod going!!!

sir_frags

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: KUDUS & VALLIANT EFFORT!!! GE SOURCE TEAM = JOB WELL DONE
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:41 am »

It has been brought several times in the past by various people, but the reality is that the team cannot be making any sort of money from the project in any way, shape or form.

The best ways to help out the cause are to donate a server, and more importantly, spread the word as much as possible.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: KUDUS & VALLIANT EFFORT!!! GE SOURCE TEAM = JOB WELL DONE
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:27:52 am »

Thank you for the kind words and the support!

As for the money, I don't want your money. None of us do. Money makes things shitty, this mod is about love. If we had devs that didn't LOVE what we are doing and LOVE GoldenEye you wouldn't be on this forum right now. We all contribute our lives into this mod and we choose to do it. I will never accept any money for it, no way, no how.

SPREAD THE WORD, BRING YOUR FRIENDS, AND HAVE FUN!
Pages: [1]   Go Up