GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:38:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapons Feedback  (Read 10905 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Weapons Feedback
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:34 pm »

In Beta 3 the Klobb was indeed really weak, meaning you missed a lot and if you didn't miss you barely did damage, so everyone could be advised (unless it was LTK and you started out with a Klobb) to run across the whole map to knife someone who was shooting with a Klobb instead of trying to shoot back with his own Klobb.
Doing so in Beta 4 is a bad idea, because you'll often end up getting a headshot killing you, which proves the Klobb has been buffed a lot.
Compared to other serious weapons it still sucks, but that's the way it should be. In GE64 in SP you would only use the Klobb if had two of them and only in the Surface mission(s).

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 04:03:03 pm »

Keh, I use them in the Archives as well, as an ammo saver. ;)

The Klobb was only buffed for this release because the control-stick-to-mouse transition breaks something in the accuracy of the gun. (VC explained it all in detail but I can't teach it right so I won't try...)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 12:11:50 am »

You're better off using the Hunting Knife Rather than the Klobb, it has a long range for a melee weapon and does 70 headshot damage (I think). If there's two people fighting, with one using a Klobb and the other charging at him with a knife, the knife guy has better chances of winning.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

†ProphetOfDoom

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • †ProphetOfDoom is looked down upon.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:46 am »

Ok so there are a lot of complaints about the original GoldeneEye Damage system. Its so cool that you devs decided to implement every aspect of ge64 into GE:S even its crippling damage system. All that we ask is an option to turn the damage system into a more realistic damage system. Will adding an option for servers to have a more realistic damage system ruin the game. I don't think it would at all. Adding a little option here would not ruin the game. I mean come on you guys added the jump feature in which is totally not in the original version. Also moving while aiming is not in the original version. So there are 2 things you guys added in for god knows what reason to subtract from GE64's originality. Why not add an option to make the game more fun for the supporters of this mod as well. I mean im not going to stop playing if you guys dont, I am way too good to quit. but for many of us It would be more fun using our skill to win, instead of a crutch for the lesser skilled players to get a chance on us.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:41:02 am »

Oh God, just ignore this guy. I played with him yesterday... he's quite funny but a total troll.

Talking out of his ass.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 02:59:14 am »

The weapon damage is serious FINE, how can't you see that? I've been playing GE:S for a long while and I've never had any problem with damage. It's not flawed or crap or anything it's nearly perfect. No one is going to change it to suit your liking because It's already about as good as it can be. I have no problem getting kills neither should you.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 01:41:36 am »

There is a "realistic" mode. It's call LTK. You get shot, you go down. Sounds realistic to me.

If you wanted more realistic maybe there could be a new gamemode: You only live once.

†ProphetOfDoom

• Agent
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:53 am »

No cause theres armor zones that keep you up and a shoulder shot may not be a kill shot.

Koba

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Koba has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 11:57:57 am »

What if I shot you in the knee caps? You shouldn't be able to move around.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 04:39:00 pm »

Realism =/= Gaming

"Oh he shoot me in the foot and ran away, now i have to hobble around and slowly bleed to death... awesome"

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

†ProphetOfDoom

• Agent
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »

it doesnt even have to be that specific. No bleeding out encessary
or slowing down. Keep the damages the same and just take out the invulnerability. Just bring back singleplayer damages and physics. for multiplayer. The damage that is done when you shoot an AI soldier

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 09:11:44 pm »

Realism =/= Gaming

"Oh he shoot me in the foot and ran away, now i have to hobble around and slowly bleed to death... awesome"

OMG America's Army strikes again - with all campers 'n stuff. >.<
Never understood why anybody would want to play such a game anyway. ^^

it doesnt even have to be that specific. No bleeding out encessary
or slowing down. Keep the damages the same and just take out the invulnerability. Just bring back singleplayer damages and physics. for multiplayer. The damage that is done when you shoot an AI soldier

Since invul. is a key mechanic which is kind of unique to Goldeneye (feel free correct me on that but I haven't seen it elsewhere) it's highly unlikely that it will ever be cut out.
By slowing down you meant aim mode, right? Well, this is something that is actually realistic, since when you concentrate to shoot at a target you wouldn't be a able to sustain the accuracy while running all over the place.
So in a sense just what you wanted. :p
Concerning that bleeding for nothing: it's Valve's fault, as far as I know. As far as I understood this is basically the engine guessing (locally) if you probably could have hit someone and then spawns the blood (locally) and asks the server afterwards, spawning the blood on the server as well if a hit was registered. Anyway waiting for the server to answer could cause strange behaviour like you hit someone and the person walks away and bleeds 1 second afterwards. :- /

†ProphetOfDoom

• Agent
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 10:37:50 pm »

Ok, obviously you are having a hard time sinking this in. Its ok I am used to dealing with newbies. The fact is, the enemies in single player didn't have that invincibility period. I want to transfer that over into a game mode for multiplayer. How hard would it be? It wouldnt completely change a game if you didnt play that game mode. In fact you could ignore the change completely if you are scared of instant hit counts. And you cant aim faster than the more skilled players and you die so much that it makes the game less enjoyable for you. How hard is it to transfer singleplayer damage physics over for a multiplayer game mode. Not all of the enemies had an invincibility period in GE singleplayer. How many times do i have to repeat myself until someone of intelligence responds. i feel like I am praying to god at this point.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 09:08:08 am »

How many times do i have to repeat myself until someone of intelligence responds.
Talking like this won't bring you any further.
We understood what your suggestion was about and you allready recived your answere.
Repeating it over and over again won't lead to other answeres.

I'd suggest you to appologize for calling everyone who posted in this thread dumb/unintelligent.

Its ok I am used to dealing with newbies.
So are we. Look next to your name, you're the newbie here.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 08:44:55 pm »

Giving server admins the ability o adjust weapon damages is not good it creates a too varied gameplay mechanic
1 server has high damage
another uses defaults
another tries to balance the weaker/stronger weapons  L
All server admins will have their own view on what right and wrong.

There is already a huge variety of game play options from FFA to TDM to gungame to instagib (LTK) and more.

I do think the invuln could be tweaked though soemtimes it can seem random as to how many bullts I need to take someone down adn for them to take me down

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:47:52 pm by keefy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up