GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:26:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maps differs from servers.  (Read 9371 times)

alousyhero

Maps differs from servers.
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:38:44 am »

I keep getting two errors when i try to join any game.

Map _________ differs from servers.

Missing map ________, disconnecting.

I have already reinstalled twice. And installed patch. And I already had Source SDK Base OB dl'ed. And ran SDK base after I installed GES.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Maps differs from servers.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:46:45 am »

Are you sure you're joining a Beta 4 Server? Believe it or not there are people who still haven't updated/taken down their Beta 3.1 servers.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:34:55 am »

Please join servers which have "beta 4" in their titles. There are still 10 or so slow movers on upgrading to our latest release. The new servers are trying their best to stand out and many have in their titles "4.02" which is the VERY latest hotfix servers, running 100% smooth GoldenEye: Source conditions. No code bugs, no crashes.

Seek these :)

alousyhero

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:54:17 am »

Many thanks guys.

Curly7714

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:26:39 pm »

Hello, I'm new to this game, and I am having the exact same problem. I tried joining servers with 4.02 in their names, but none worked, I kept getting the same error message of "Your map differs from the server's." I am sure I downloaded the beta 4 version. If it helps at all, when I try joining a server for the first time, it begins downloading the map as a .ain file, but when it shows the error message it displays a .bsp file. for example, I'll join a server, and it will say "downloading ge_cradle.ain," then it gives me the error message saying "Your map [/ge_cradle.bsp] differs from the server's."

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »

Are you 100% you downloaded Beta4?
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up