GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:15:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A few suggestions  (Read 8825 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: A few suggestions
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 03:33:48 pm »

If that's so ~
you could try to collect their souls via the EULA °;...;°

Maybe, if you want ppl to read something,.... you could show it during installation or have them take a test about it before they'll be able to play your game :D

jhawver

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhawver has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 03:52:36 pm »

First of all, I LOVE the mod, so I even hesitate to offer suggestions.  But I kind of feel it's my duty, or responsibility.  So just a few thoughts.

1.)  In the original, you could adjust the depth of the scope while zooming with the sniper rifle using C-up and C-down.  Currently, there is only one level of zoom.  Am I wrong?  Would it be possible to alter the keys so that while zooming, W and S equate to the distance of the zoom?

2.)  In the original, you could hide around the corner and then pop out momentarily, fire off a round or two, and then quickly return to your cover.  Again, something like this would probably need to involve the altering of keys, but could be in the same programming code as #1 above -- (if user hits A or D while using the aim, his body is quickly moved 2 feet to the left or right).

3.)  It seems that in the original, the majority of glass would break much easier, even with the weakest weapon.  In this mod, it often takes 5-6 shots to break glass, even with the Destoval which is one of the most powerful pistols.

SORRY!  I'm not complaining....  just trying to help.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:55:09 pm by jhawver »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 05:35:00 pm »

I was never a fan of lean in FPS games...  I don't mind it in single player, but it has no place in multi.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

jhawver

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhawver has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 07:07:11 pm »

... but it has no place in multi.

Yeah, I agree actually.  How do you feel about the snipe zoom adjustment?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »

Snipe zoom is planned for Beta 4, and will most likely utilize the mouse wheel scroll. Unfortunately source is not too friendly with dynamic key reassignments so it'll take a little hacking.

As far as lean, that isn't going to be in Multiplayer, the pace of the game simply doesn't allow for that kind of sneaking around. It may have worked with only 4 players, but more than that and you will never use it.

Glass is fixed in Beta 4 with bullet penetration, but the majority of glass strength is defined by the mapper so they need to readjust their health.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up