GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:57:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90908: Roll Film  (Read 22404 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: VC's Laboratory 90908: Roll Film
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:42:14 pm »

I have cable internet, not cable television.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 06:35:12 pm »

It might be on hulu.com

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 07:57:38 pm »

Thunderball!

I've lost track of the Lazenby film which I know I have (had) somewhere.  Diamonds Are Forever I think it was.

Diamonds Are Forever was Connery all the way.  You must be thinking of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which I Believe Lazenby did before Connery came back to do his last bond movie: Diamonds Are Forever.

After that, all we got was Moore.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 03:10:10 am »

OHMSS then.  Yeah...  *facepalm*

Moore.  *facepalm*
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

monkeyface

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 10:48:03 am »

... and to think OHMSS is my favorite Bond-movie, and I've seen them all plenty of times, even the "unofficial" ones. I'd even say it's one of my top-100 60's movie. It's good!

The plot itself lends to a much more intriguing portrait of Bond, it isn't Connery's Bond, but somehow I find him much more multifaceted than what we have been accustomed to. Not to mention the score, the costumes (if ruffled shirts could speak...), the cinematography, the sets, the characters and the 60's. Well, different Bonds for different people. But if OHMSS is a one-word review, the Dalton movies should be left out completely, now those are dull. Glad I'm not the one going to watch License to Kill. The living daylights is endurable, but the next one is like a feverish nightmare. I still panic-attack when I think of the car-chase in the desert.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:06:56 am by monkeyface »

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 06:03:23 am »

LOL this blog is awesome VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »

View to a Kill

Not much to say, it's really a silly ass film.  But I found the tape and so I played it.

Back to fun stuff, I'm going to take a stab at Python this weekend.  Maybe L&LD, maybe Living Daylights, maybe ragequit.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 04:48:10 am »

Diamonds are forever is one of my top bond movies.

Plenty otoole is my "character" persona in my clan for GE:S, LTK.

I still have the sig pic i made for her somewhere on a HD, it was cool IMO :D

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 07:20:55 pm »

For Your Eyes Only

Now we're into the films I never saw before.

Thanks to DVD quality, we can see the bond girl's moustache.  When she says she's half Greek she doesn't kid.  We need Gogol the Happy Russian Bear and Columbo the Affible Smuggler on JAN and MI6.  Unfortunately, this is a water film.  I don't like water films.  Thunderball suffered the same thing, but at least this time Bond battles with a Big Daddy.  That makes it slightly more interesting.  I wonder how well Pissant Mountain Village would work as a map?  The trick would be making it more than de_inferno, but with the right layout it might work well.

James Bond will return in...

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »

Saw about half of that one.
I must say that the bad doods are rather skilled on dirtbikes speeding after someone down an icy/snowy mountain while dodging trees and other such things.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 08:35:21 pm »

Moonraker

Our mapping crew needs to watch this so they can get Aztec looking right.  There's a lot of archtectural style that is not respected in the current draft of Neo Aztec.
Drax looks too much like Mishkin to make him a character, really.  I guess it could be an outfit option.  Just pop off the hat and make his suit that dull goldenrod color.
Score one for Karl!  He met the queen of hot librarians.
Jaws didn't get a yellow jumpsuit?  Drax must have made his fortune by only buying bulk, one-size-fits-most outerwear.
Damn, these bitches get their space shuttles up faster than I can get a round trip to Atlanta.
Aiyem yer weyeapons and stop spamming.  Just because it has infinite ammo doesn't mean you can throw pew pews all over space.
Hey, that guy just jumped over the railing.
A bottle of Bolinger?  Either Drax has the same product placement contract, or Bond expected his end-of-film screw to be zero-G.
I wonder if any of those missing laser beams hit Earth.  In other news today, a homeless man was incinerated by a space laser.  His shopping cart was unharmed.
I guess he was right, but he still doesn't have his liquour.
There are six credits for "Drax's Girl," and one for "Drax's Boy."   Giggity.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 08:38:53 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:24 am »

The Man With the Golden Gun

Blah blah, huh, the famed assassin who never misses is assembling his gun on my desk, fancy that, blah blah blah.
I like how this film embraced the goofiness of Bond, which is sometimes shoehorned in, without making it over the top.  The fun house scenes are just damn annoying, unfortunately.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up